Re: Uploaded OTR Episodes

Ryan Ellett

Larry, yes, we've done this with some other donated sets. The material will also be added to the OTRR library but having it in a single set for download on Archve can be a bit more convenient. It would be available then to the entire public. We don't have to leave it up there forever.
Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com

The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org

On Friday, July 3, 2020, 06:24:31 PM CDT, Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...> wrote:

Ryan, I am really glad you have undertaken to convert the aiff programs to wav.  The best outcome will be if you then make them accessible for all members of the group to listen to if they are interested.  I cannot find a link, but the three members who requested links earlier today will be able to hear all the episodes if you do that.

As for creating an Archive set, do you mean one to place on the Internet Archive site that would make them available to all OTR enthusiasts?  I think that would be great, and if they still allow people to post reviews I could do that and try to let other people know just how unique and wonderful they are.  Two are audition tapes and several others are rebroadcasts of the first episode in the series or of the only surviving episode in the series to which they belong.

Thank you for everything.
Larry

-----------------------------------------

To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Cc:
Sent: Friday July 3 2020 5:20:39PM
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Uploaded OTR Episodes

There are a number of online converter programs that will convert them from aiff to wav or flac. I'm in the process of doing it right now. If you'd like me to create an Archive set of these shows that you can link to, Larry, I'd be happy to do so.
Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org

On Friday, July 3, 2020, 4:17:52 PM CDT, Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...> wrote:

Hello Ryan,

Yes, they are from my collection.  I recently acquired them on cassette tapes and have had them digitized so that I can share them with other members of the OTR groups to which I belong.  Yesterday I sent them to sixteen people, including you.  Several of the recipients have replied and said they got the link but have not had time to listen to any of the episodes yet.  A few other people who were not on the list have asked for links, three of whom you will see have posted here today.

The main problem I have encountered so far is that the local company that did the digitizing used the AIFF format, which one person has written me that he cannot play on his computer.  I'm not sure what to do about that.  Having cassettes digitized is costly, but you will not believe how fascinating these shows are to listen to until you do it yourself.  I consider every penny well spent.

Just so there will be no confusion by any other members who received the link, the best episodes I sent were those on the three Same Time, Same Station programs, the one of The Breakfast Club, the two labeled "Music OTR" and the five episodes of Moving Stories of Life, all of which are from Rick Davenport's collection and three of which I have never seen anywhere else and that I am pretty sure are not in circulation at this time.  All of these are priceless.

Best regards,
Larry

To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Cc:
Sent: Friday July 3 2020 4:53:54PM

Are these from your collection, Larry?
Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org

On Friday, July 3, 2020, 03:37:02 PM CDT, Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...> wrote:

You are welcome Brian.  I am still writing summaries on these, and every one is a delight.

Larry

To: "main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io"
Cc:
Sent: Friday July 3 2020 9:41:16AM

Thanks Larry,

I got the same time, same station episodes, which I haven't had time to listen to yet, but I always enjoy them.

Brian

-----Original Message-----
To: 'main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io' <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Jul 3, 2020 1:07 am
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Uploaded OTR Episodes

Thursday afternoon I sent links to OTR episodes to several members of this group.  I have had very little feedback, but most of it has been negative.  I will say that the best material I uploaded was on five cassette tapes which were digitized by a local business that chose the AIFF format for them.  These include three episodes of Same Time, Same Station, one of The Breakfast Club, and two labeled Music OTR on the files.  The best of the other episodes was five of Moving Stories of Life, which are in mp3 format.  I probably should just have sent the links to those and left it at that.  But I hope everyone received those in good order and can listen to them.

Larry Maupin

--
Larry Maupin

--
Larry Maupin

--
Larry Maupin

--
Larry Maupin

Join main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.