Re: Audition Recording of "Amazing Mr. Smith"

Ryan Ellett

Larry, I don't know if you're on our Facebook group but if you are, you could post these summaries there as well and get a "huge" audience.

On Saturday, August 1, 2020, 08:45:42 AM CDT, Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...> wrote:

Broadcast Date: Tuesday, November 5, 1946.  CBS from Hollywood.

Episode Title: "The Hooting Owl"

Cast: Alan Johnson as Jeffrey Smith, Ed Brophy as Herbie.

Premise: Jeffrey Smith is wealthy and carefree, and lives in Beverly Hills.  In this episode he goes adventuring one Friday evening with his manservant Herbie, "speeding up the Pacific Highway toward Loon Point, a small peninsula jutting out into the Pacific north of Santa Barbara."  They are invited guests of Patricia Gilmore, who lives in a gloomy mansion, and become involved in a murder case.  This sounds a lot like a skit from an episode of "Abbott and Costello," and even more like one of their old movies.