Re: Audition Recording of "Amazing Mr. Smith"

Larry Maupin

Ryan, thank you for the suggestion.  I like the sound of the word "huge," but lack the knowledge and means of displaying video images online so have never had a Facebook account.  But I am very happy with the size of the audience my summaries receive in our OTRR groups.

By the way, I noticed that 190 people have now viewed the "Collection of Unique Old-Time Radio Episodes" that you uploaded to the Internet Archive. That is a modest number so far but I have visions of 1,000 and beyond in days to come.  Thank you very much for doing that.

From: "Ryan Ellett via groups.io"
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Sent: Saturday August 1 2020 9:56:58AM
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Audition Recording of "Amazing Mr. Smith"

Larry, I don't know if you're on our Facebook group but if you are, you could post these summaries there as well and get a "huge" audience.

On Saturday, August 1, 2020, 08:45:42 AM CDT, Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...> wrote:

Broadcast Date: Tuesday, November 5, 1946.  CBS from Hollywood.

Episode Title: "The Hooting Owl"

Cast: Alan Johnson as Jeffrey Smith, Ed Brophy as Herbie.

Premise: Jeffrey Smith is wealthy and carefree, and lives in Beverly Hills.  In this episode he goes adventuring one Friday evening with his manservant Herbie, "speeding up the Pacific Highway toward Loon Point, a small peninsula jutting out into the Pacific north of Santa Barbara."  They are invited guests of Patricia Gilmore, who lives in a gloomy mansion, and become involved in a murder case.  This sounds a lot like a skit from an episode of "Abbott and Costello," and even more like one of their old movies.