Re: joining the group

Phil Becker

Here’s an ebay link to buy the belt

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-TC-105-TC-105A-TC-530-TC-530D-TC-530P-BELT-KIT-FREE-SHIP/192857709895?hash=item2ce7371d47:g:wXAAAOSw~lRc1sOV

Phil

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io [mailto:main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Hingson
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2020 6:27 PM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] joining the group

Thanks Ryan. I am slowly digitizing the materials I find is not yet available in MP3 format, at least that is what I am using for the most part. Now, my nice little tape recorder is rebelling. Anyone have ideas on getting a Sony 105 repaired? The main drive belt has gotten old and needs to go to that rubber pile in the sky.

Best Regards,

Michael Hingson

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io On Behalf Of Ryan Ellett via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2020 5:57 PM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] joining the group

Welcome, Michael! OTRR has just been involved in acquiring two reel collections, approximately 5-6,000 reels total. They should be digitized over the next year or two. We are finding brand new material, material that seems to have dropped out of circulation over the years, and upgrades to circulating material. The lure finally pulled me into borrowing a deck to help with the project. Who knows what goodies lurk on your reels?

Ryan

The Old Time Radio Researchers

"Saving the Past for the Future"

On Thursday, December 10, 2020, 7:34:39 PM CST, Michael Hingson <mike@...> wrote:

Hey all,

I recently joined, but now just got time to post. I have been collecting OTR programs since 1968 and had my own show for several years. I have a large bookcase of reel to reel tapes to prove it, but MP3 does help with space.

Looking forward to reading your posts.

Best Regards,

Michael Hingson

Join main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.