Re: Boston Blackie

BrianWest2@...

Thank you for doing this

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Jones <otr@...>
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Sent: Mon, Dec 14, 2020 10:04 am
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Boston Blackie

Last month I shared a collection of Saint movies (8) with the group. The response was somewhat overwhelming. My pCloud account was throttled due to "High Download Activity". I hope everyone finally got in, downloaded, and enjoyed all 8 movies. They are fun and easy to watch.

Last month I also said I would share my collection of Boston Blackie movies. There are 15 in the collection and like the Saint movies they are light hearted mysteries.  To try and prevent a similar overload to my pCloud account I will release the series in 3 groups of 5. Maybe 1 group each week over the next 3 weeks, depending on the response. Stay tuned.

NOTE: The first movie in the collection is a silent movie from 1927. The quality is poor and you may not want to download/watch it. The remaining 14 films star Chester Norris who also portrayed Blackie in the first year of the radio show.  (Radio show question: Who do you prefer as Blackie - Chester Norris or Richard Kollmar?)

Here is a link to the first 5 BB movies  - enjoy:
https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=kZ8WhLXZxGVHaQV8Gv7neKOyosvwELxxhsEk

Trivia Question for BB fans: What was Boston Blackie's real name?