Re: Joe Hehn Tuesday (December 15, 2020)

Richard Davenport

The fact that it is listed as #17 means at least 16 were made prior...

On Wednesday, December 16, 2020, 7:39:24 AM CST, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

We think it may be an uncirculating series and episode. Or at least an episode that fell out of OTR circulation a long time ago. A few have popped up in this collection like that.

On Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 11:59:02 PM CST, Richard Davenport <klingon1@...> wrote:

Ryan,
Wow I got to add another series folder to the library.  I did not have one for Adventures of Billy Swift (gee..Tom Swift rip-off perhaps?....)

Are there any more of that series in anyone's collection here?

On Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 7:51:38 PM CST, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

Welcome back to "Joe Hehn Tuesday!"

Mr. Hehn (1931-2020) was a pioneering collector of radio recordings when the hobby emerged in the 1960s. Digitizing his collection of reel tapes and discs has been the effort of a wide range of North American volunteers, and includes assistance of some international collectors. The principal groups supporting this effort with their funds, time, technology and skills are the Old Time Radio Researchers and a small group of transcription disc preservationists who refer to themselves as the "The Knights of the Turning Table."

New material is being added very week to the Joe Hehn Collection on archive.org. We'll try to highlight some of that material on this Facebook page.

Tonight, enjoy something unusual: an episode of The Adventures of Billy Swift, Boy Detective, or feast on an hourlong Fifth War Loan Drive from June 12, 1944. Maybe you’ll want to settle in for some high adventure with the first two episodes of Voyage of the Scarlet Queen. (You should be able to click on the titles).

Whatever your preference, enjoy!