Re: Radio Logs

bob_pedersen@...

Hello Larry. I found a 1965 article stating that not only Big Sister was being remade, but also Pepper Young's Family. The article states, "The...programs are taped in new York by a firm out of Boston, 'Modern Drama.' John Scott MacLellan, who has 25 years' experience in radio drama, updated the old soaps and is syndicating them to radio stations around the country. Vivian Smolen, who plays 'Big Sister,' shed her first radio tears on 'Our Gal Sunday,.' She also played the part of 'Laurel' in 'Stella Dallas.' Arthur Hughes was 'Just Plain Bill' for a decade on radio. Now he will be 'Dr. Carvell' on 'Big Sister.' Among the newcomers to this old trade are Gillian Spencer, Julie Mannix and Peter Fernandez (he's 'Pepper Young')."

- The Miami News, August 15, 1965.