Re: LA radio news and weather radio broadcast from 1930 to 1937

Walden Hughes

Hi Mike,

You bet,

I will have Larry Gassman set up a drop box between us.  Take care,

Walden

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io [mailto:main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Hingson
Sent: Thursday, January 7, 2021 11:25 PM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] LA radio news and weather radio broadcast from 1930 to 1937

Might I get a copy? Mine is not great quality and I loved the whole show and would like to listen to a better copy.

Best Regards,

Michael Hingson.

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io On Behalf Of Walden Hughes
Sent: Thursday, January 7, 2021 10:26 PM
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] LA radio news and weather radio broadcast from 1930 to 1937

I have it because Frank Bresee produce the special for KFI.  He had a month to get it ready,

Walden

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io [mailto:main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Hingson
Sent: Thursday, January 7, 2021 7:41 PM

I also saw Larry’s email. Isn’t that amazing? KFI did do a good job with their 50th in 1972 including a kickoff live first half hour with Chuck Cecil and Les Brown and his Band of Renown.

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io On Behalf Of Larry Gassman
Sent: Thursday, January 7, 2021 2:25 PM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io; OldTimeRadioResearchers@groups.io

We learned when we first got in to this hobby in 1970- that generally the networks were the last to know anything about their archives.

Some had material, but most did not.

I can’t tell you how many times we provided good quality material when a radio station called looking for something.

Larry

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of Walden Hughes
Sent: Thursday, January 7, 2021 2:21 PM

Hi Mike,

KNX went to us for audio last year for there 100 birthday.

I reach out to KFI and let them know we can provide content for there 100 birthday in 2022.

KHJ I sent them an email letting them know we can provide content for there 100 birthday in 2022.

Radio stations need us for there archives,

Walden

Sent: Thursday, January 7, 2021 1:32 PM

Walden,

I am sure you have thought of this, but have they explored contacting KFI and KNX to see what archives they have? Also, KECA which, I think now is KHJ?

Best Regards,

Michael Hingson

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io On Behalf Of Walden Hughes
Sent: Thursday, January 7, 2021 1:15 PM
To: OldTimeRadioResearchers@groups.io
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] LA radio news and weather radio broadcast from 1930 to 1937

Hi Everybody,

Can any one think of a radio broadcast from 1930 to 1937 that cover LA weather and news.  A film company is looking for such a broadcast for an upcoming film special.  Take care,

Walden

Join main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.