Re: Request for Fact-Checking Assistance

Larry Maupin

Well that is one instance of  BBC episodes making their way into the library, perhaps in this case being waved in along with those produced in the U.S.

From: "Brian Kavanaugh via groups.io"
To: main@oldtimeradioresearchers.groups.io
Sent: Friday January 8 2021 7:45:48PM
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Request for Fact-Checking Assistance

The Philip Marlowe maintained set has BBC episodes in it. There may be others.

On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 4:58 PM Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...> wrote:
Scott, Springbok sounds interesting, and I have never heard of it before.  As for the BBC Sherlock Holmes episodes prior to 1962, I don't know.  I think the OTRR Library has some South African and some Australian programs from the old-time radio era, but I have not noticed anything from the BBC, Radio Canada, Radio France, Deutsche Welle or Radio Japan.  Someone else can perhaps better explain the principle of inclusion and exclusion followed by the library in determining what to add to the collection.