Re: Request for Fact-Checking Assistance

Michael Hingson

Enjoy dinner.

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io On Behalf Of Scott Mahan
Sent: Saturday, January 9, 2021 4:44 PM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Request for Fact-Checking Assistance

Sure. I’m not sure what OTTR already has but when I get back from dinner tonight I’ll make DropBox shares for Sherlock Holmes and Squad Cars.

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of Michael Hingson
Sent: Friday, January 8, 2021 7:44 PM

Scott,

Might you be willing to share Springbok?

Best Regards,

Michael Hingson

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io On Behalf Of Scott Mahan
Sent: Friday, January 8, 2021 2:43 PM

I have 210 BBC Sherlock Holmes episodes ranging from 1945 to 2010. Would we consider the 65 that are prior to 1962 OTR? Or is the BBC just BBC? And I have 47 Springbok episodes from the 80’s. You can’t not like Springbok (Squad Cars!) but you just can’t call it OTR. I kind-of think OTR is an American thing. Fun to talk about.

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of Larry Maupin
Sent: Friday, January 8, 2021 9:26 AM
To: 'main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io' <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>

Scott, I have dozens of BBC dramas on cassettes, and most of the ones I have listened to are very good.  I do not think that any are in the OTRR Library collection, probably because most people do not consider them to be old-time radio.

Thank you for your comments about The Little Things in Life.  It seems that you might think it qualifies as an old-time radio series.

Larry

-----------------------------------------

Cc:
Sent: Friday January 8 2021 9:54:19AM

Although not American, the BBC never stopped doing drama. The CBC continued into the 1990's at least, and South Africa and Australia were doing OTR type shows into the 1980's. A treasure trove is out there, waiting to be listened to. More drama, adventure and comedy than anyone could listen to in two lifetimes. And most, if not all of it top quality productions.

S

--
Larry Maupin

Join main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.