Re: Request for Information

Larry Maupin

I think we are up to five with those two additions: Joe and Mary Marlin, Beauregard Claghorn, Senator Ford and Senator Edwards.  Six if you count State Senator Jeff Tyler.  That's enough to form a committee to investigate today's commercial radio, which I read one critic describe as "a place to aggregate buyers who like to listen to commercials."

From: "B. J. Watkins"
To: "main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io"
Sent: Saturday January 16 2021 11:23:22AM
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Request for Information

Senator Claghorn's first name was Beauregard. I never thought he was a real senator but rather had adopted the title of senator. When once asked what state he represented he had replied the Gulf of Mexico, south of Alabama. If you include him you might want to include Senator Ford on Can You Top This.

There's an audition program called The Fighting Senator who Dave Goldin describes as :
"The story of Jeff Tyler, State Senator from Oak Falls." He's the enemy of, "political corruption, fighter for good government, the safeguard of a free people." I don't know if this series was ever picked up.

Barbara