Re: To All Members

John Nicholson

I would love to see an article about what it takes to certify an OTRR large series. I know some of it, but don’t know what the entire steps behind it are.

John

On Feb 4, 2021, at 2:19 PM, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

Larry wrote:

I do think that one article on the four series that Walden mentioned as having six-month runs in 1975 could lead to others on the same subject by other writers.  David Oxford could probably write a book on CBS Radio Mystery Theater after he completes its recertification this year.  That is, David, if you are not too exhausted after finishing such a massive project.  Imagine what fun it would be for other members to contribute all sorts of material to such a book!

Martin Grams has already written a book on the CBSRMT so I don't know that there'd be a market for a second one, but an article on the ups and downs of certfying a series as huge as that would be interesting, no doubt. David is also working on Fibber McGee &. Molly and there may even be more episodes circulating for that series. Apparently he's a sucker for gigantic years-long projects!