Re: To All Members

B. J. Watkins

I was surprised to see so much new-time radio in the library! For instance in the T's there's Tales From the Other Side (1992), Tales From the Shadows (1987), Texas Radio Theater (2207, 2008). I don't know when it started to happen.

Barbara

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Michael Hingson <mike@...>
Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2021 4:54 PM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] To All Members

Oh I hope not. More groups just mean more work.

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io On Behalf Of garym@...
Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2021 4:21 PM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io; 'main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io' <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>

Maybe there should be a new or different group for New Time or Silver Age Radio?

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Feb 4, 2021 1:48 PM
To: "'main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io'"

I agree.  I think the willingness of members such as Ryan, David Oxford and librarian Paul Kornman to recognize the series as legitimate old-time radio paves the way for other series from that post-1962 time period to be admitted.

Larry

-----------------------------------------

To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Cc:
Sent: Thursday February 4 2021 4:30:10PM

CBS Radio Mystery Theater aired from 1974 through 1982. Not sure when it was first planned, but I would think that the air dates would put it in the right timeframe.

Best Regards,

Michael Hingson

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io On Behalf Of Larry Maupin
Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2021 1:14 PM
To: 'main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io' <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>

Thank you Walden.  As I recall, you mentioned in one of your posts that all the episodes in the six-month run of the four series were aired in 1975.  If I am not remembering that accurately, will you please post a correction?

Larry

-----------------------------------------

Cc:
Sent: Thursday February 4 2021 1:23:46PM

Hi Mike,

Larry has the four shows listed in his email.  I think Sears and Mutual radio theater were on the top level of productions since 1962.  Take care,

Walden

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io [mailto:main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Hingson
Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2021 8:36 AM

I am trying to remember Walden’s suggestions. Certainly CBS Mystery Theater. One I mentioned was Zero hour with Rod Serling which didn’t last as long but was broadcasted nationwide.

I’m sure Walden will jump in.

Best Regards,

Michael Hingson

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io On Behalf Of peterjaybird via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2021 8:08 AM
To: 'Main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io' <main@oldtimeradioresearchers.groups.io>; main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io

Hi Larry,

Would you consider "Radio Playhouse" (1975-76)?  None of the episodes have names, and ity's doubtful that they've been verified to be correct.

Cheers,

Pete

On Thursday, February 4, 2021, 10:43:11 AM EST, Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...> wrote:

Having just submitted an article yesterday I am at loose ends about what to do next. If anyone has a suggestion, such as a topic for an article, I would welcome it and give it serious consideration.

Two subjects I have been thinking about are a murder case in Backstage Wife and the 1975 revival of old-time radio that would be limited to the four series with six-month runs in that year that Walden Hughes first mentioned in a post several weeks ago.  

Unfortunately I cannot find that post.  Will someone please remind me of what the four series were?  Walden or someone else sent a link that led right to the OTRR Library and I found numerous episodes of all four of them that have very good sound quality.

Thank you to any and all members who will post the list again.

Larry 

--
Larry Maupin

--
Larry Maupin

--
Larry Maupin

Join main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.