Re: To All Members

Larry Maupin

That certainly sounds like a six-month run.  I guess the article will need to be titled something like "The 1975-76 Revival of Old-Time Radio," leaving room for more articles on CBSRMT and other notable series during the first decade or two after 1962.  The one I wrote on the 1965 revival should fit inside that window in time.

Larry

-----------------------------------------

To: "main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io"
Cc:
Sent: Thursday February 4 2021 6:51:01PM
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] To All Members

The OTRR library has the episodes from 8-4-75 through 2-26-76.

Barbara

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...>
Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2021 2:55 PM
To: 'main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io' <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>

Thank you Bob.  I think a lot of the episodes are in the OTRR Library under that title, so anyone listening to the full hour would hear one of each.  

Larry

To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Cc:
Sent: Thursday February 4 2021 5:29:40PM

I meant to say 1975-76. Radio Playhouse first aired August 4, 1975, so that would qualify it for the article.

I believe all of the shows are available.

Bob

Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2021 1:09 PM
To: 'main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io'

Thank you very much for the clarification Bob. I forgot "Faces of Love" entirely, remembered "Author's Studio" as "Actor's Studio" and was unsure about "To Have and Hold" versus "To Have and To Hold."  

If "Radio Playhouse" was the title of the series, then an article about the four programs it encompassed entitled "The 1975 Revival of Old-Time Radio" would be accurate as long as their six-month run began and ended in that year.

Larry

To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Cc:
Sent: Thursday February 4 2021 11:55:23AM

“Radio Playhouse” was the name of the hour-long broadcast in 1974-75 that included four 15-minute (actually about 12) shows: “Faces of Love,” “Author’s Studio,” “The Little Things in Life,” and “To Have and to Hold.”

Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2021 8:40 AM
To: 'main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io'

Hi Pete,

I would definitely consider it.  The names of the four series are gradually coming back to me, but I did not remember "Radio Playhouse."  I think the other three are "Actor's Studio," "To Have and Hold" and "The Little Things in Life."  If any of these are incorrect, I hope you or another member will correct me and provide the right title.

It is easy to believe, judging from the titles, that these series embody the spirit of old-time radio just as "The CBS Radio Mystery Theater" is widely considered to.

One of the best things about writing an article entitled "The 1975 Revival of Old-Time Radio" or, as Ryan suggested (I think seriously) "The Silver Age of Radio" would be that other members of the group can contribute to it by providing background stories from newspapers or magazines, radio logs and visual illustrations such as photographs and even episode summaries.

I think it invigorates the group and increases our sense of solidarity and purpose when several members are working together on the same project.  I mention about six fellow members by name in the article on the 1965 revival which is scheduled to be published this month, and two others in the article I submitted yesterday.

Thank you very much for the information.

Larry

To: "Main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io", "main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io"
Cc:
Sent: Thursday February 4 2021 11:07:43AM

Hi Larry,

Would you consider "Radio Playhouse" (1975-76)?  None of the episodes have names, and ity's doubtful that they've been verified to be correct.

Cheers,

Pete

On Thursday, February 4, 2021, 10:43:11 AM EST, Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...> wrote:

Having just submitted an article yesterday I am at loose ends about what to do next. If anyone has a suggestion, such as a topic for an article, I would welcome it and give it serious consideration.

Two subjects I have been thinking about are a murder case in Backstage Wife and the 1975 revival of old-time radio that would be limited to the four series with six-month runs in that year that Walden Hughes first mentioned in a post several weeks ago.

Unfortunately I cannot find that post.  Will someone please remind me of what the four series were?  Walden or someone else sent a link that led right to the OTRR Library and I found numerous episodes of all four of them that have very good sound quality.

Thank you to any and all members who will post the list again.

Larry

--
Larry Maupin

--
Larry Maupin

Virus-free. www.avast.com

--
Larry Maupin

Virus-free. www.avast.com

--
Larry Maupin
--
Larry Maupin

Join main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.