Re: To All Members

Larry Maupin

I think that if such a group is started it will be by people with the enthusiasm, energy and skills necessary to form and launch it, and to send out invitations to people to join it.

Larry

-----------------------------------------

To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Cc:
Sent: Thursday February 4 2021 7:54:13PM
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] To All Members

Oh I hope not. More groups just mean more work.

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io On Behalf Of garym@...
Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2021 4:21 PM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io; 'main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io' <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>

Maybe there should be a new or different group for New Time or Silver Age Radio?

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Feb 4, 2021 1:48 PM
To: "'main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io'"

I agree.  I think the willingness of members such as Ryan, David Oxford and librarian Paul Kornman to recognize the series as legitimate old-time radio paves the way for other series from that post-1962 time period to be admitted.

Larry

Cc:
Sent: Thursday February 4 2021 4:30:10PM

CBS Radio Mystery Theater aired from 1974 through 1982. Not sure when it was first planned, but I would think that the air dates would put it in the right timeframe.

Best Regards,

Michael Hingson

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io On Behalf Of Larry Maupin
Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2021 1:14 PM
To: 'main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io' <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>

Thank you Walden.  As I recall, you mentioned in one of your posts that all the episodes in the six-month run of the four series were aired in 1975.  If I am not remembering that accurately, will you please post a correction?

Larry

Cc:
Sent: Thursday February 4 2021 1:23:46PM

Hi Mike,

Larry has the four shows listed in his email.  I think Sears and Mutual radio theater were on the top level of productions since 1962.  Take care,

Walden

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io [mailto:main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Hingson
Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2021 8:36 AM

I am trying to remember Walden’s suggestions. Certainly CBS Mystery Theater. One I mentioned was Zero hour with Rod Serling which didn’t last as long but was broadcasted nationwide.

I’m sure Walden will jump in.

Best Regards,

Michael Hingson

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io On Behalf Of peterjaybird via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2021 8:08 AM
To: 'Main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io' <main@oldtimeradioresearchers.groups.io>; main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io

Hi Larry,

Would you consider "Radio Playhouse" (1975-76)?  None of the episodes have names, and ity's doubtful that they've been verified to be correct.

Cheers,

Pete

On Thursday, February 4, 2021, 10:43:11 AM EST, Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...> wrote:

Having just submitted an article yesterday I am at loose ends about what to do next. If anyone has a suggestion, such as a topic for an article, I would welcome it and give it serious consideration.

Two subjects I have been thinking about are a murder case in Backstage Wife and the 1975 revival of old-time radio that would be limited to the four series with six-month runs in that year that Walden Hughes first mentioned in a post several weeks ago.  

Unfortunately I cannot find that post.  Will someone please remind me of what the four series were?  Walden or someone else sent a link that led right to the OTRR Library and I found numerous episodes of all four of them that have very good sound quality.

Thank you to any and all members who will post the list again.

Larry 

--
Larry Maupin

--
Larry Maupin

--
Larry Maupin

--
Larry Maupin

Join main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.