Re: Radio Playhouse

Larry Maupin

Rick, I think that is the official title and that it may have been picked up by AFRS after or during its roughly six-month run on the Mutual Broadcasting Network. I am still trying to sort out the facts about that.

I only see about three episodes with titles in the OTRR Library collection.  Radio Playhouse is the umbrella under which the four 15-minute series are huddled together.  I don't think their episodes have titles either.

Larry 

-----------------------------------------

To: "main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io"
Cc:
Sent: Friday February 5 2021 3:35:52PM
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Radio Playhouse

So, I looked and I have 30 eps of Radio Playhouse in Flac and Mp3 format.  The bit rate is 256.  Is the official title Radio Playhouse, but released under the aegis of AFRS?  Also are there titles available?

Rick

Labor ipse voluptas

On Friday, February 5, 2021, 1:27:01 PM CST, Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...> wrote:

Hi Pete,

I also noticed the lack of titles for all except about three episodes of Radio Playhouse, but that should not be a problem in writing the article.  Broadcast dates are listed, which will be helpful.  One thing you may have experienced, as I did, is that many of the programs just start right in without an introduction.  One begins with people talking inside a hospital, so I assume that was an episode of the series dealing with doctors and their wives.  What I hope to locate is enough full length programs (a few are about 50-minutes long) so that each of the four serials can be identified, mined for content, and summarized.

Best regards,

Larry

To: "main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io"
Cc:
Sent: Friday February 5 2021 1:31:59PM

Hi Larry,

I just sampled a couple of the Radio Playhouse shows (#1 & #149).  They are comprised of:

1. Faces of Love
2) Author's Studio (Vanity Fair)
3 The Little Things in Life
4) To Have & to Hold

No program name is announced, although it's broadcast over the "Serial Network (DCA Productions[?]).

Cheers,

Pete
On Friday, February 5, 2021, 12:48:50 PM EST, Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...> wrote:

Thank you Pete!  I would never have thought to look under "AFRS," but your link leads right to the episodes.  This will let me get started on the article right away.

Larry

To: "OldTimeRadioResearchers@groups.io", "main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io"
Cc:
Sent: Friday February 5 2021 11:57:56AM

Hi Larry,

It's listed under "AFRS Radio Playhouse"

Cheers,

Pete
On Friday, February 5, 2021, 10:45:38 AM EST, Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...> wrote:

Hello to everyone.  I just attempted to find "Radio Playhouse" in the OTRR Library collection and did not see it under the letter 'R'.  There is a newer way to search in which you type in the title, and when Walden first posted about the series several weeks ago that link was included and I found the series right away.

Will someone please post a link to the library collection that will allow me to locate the series by just typing in the title?

Thank you.

Larry

--
Larry Maupin

--
Larry Maupin

--
Larry Maupin

--
Larry Maupin

Join main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.