Re: Radio Playhouse

Larry Maupin

Rick, I think that is the official title and that it may have been picked up by AFRS after or during its roughly six-month run on the Mutual Broadcasting Network. I am still trying to sort out the facts about that.

I only see about three episodes with titles in the OTRR Library collection.  Radio Playhouse is the umbrella under which the four 15-minute series are huddled together.  I don't think their episodes have titles either.

From: "Richard Davenport"
To: "main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io"
Sent: Friday February 5 2021 3:35:52PM
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Radio Playhouse

So, I looked and I have 30 eps of Radio Playhouse in Flac and Mp3 format.  The bit rate is 256.  Is the official title Radio Playhouse, but released under the aegis of AFRS?  Also are there titles available?

On Friday, February 5, 2021, 1:27:01 PM CST, Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...> wrote:

Hi Pete,

I also noticed the lack of titles for all except about three episodes of Radio Playhouse, but that should not be a problem in writing the article.  Broadcast dates are listed, which will be helpful.  One thing you may have experienced, as I did, is that many of the programs just start right in without an introduction.  One begins with people talking inside a hospital, so I assume that was an episode of the series dealing with doctors and their wives.  What I hope to locate is enough full length programs (a few are about 50-minutes long) so that each of the four serials can be identified, mined for content, and summarized.

Best regards,