Re: Frontier Town

Ryan Ellett

No argument there; Randy's work is top-notch. The thinking is that as more collectors are interested in lossless formats like flac and wav, offering programs in that format meets that need; but they are also easily turned into mp3 for those who prefer that format. We miss out on acquiring certain recordings because an increasing number of individuals with hard-to-get performances are hesitant or even not interested in trading or selling with OTRR because they don't want the shows distributed in mp3 format and only want flac/wav in return. We still get a lot of material in mp3 format (and it sounds good to my ears) and I don't expect that will stop any time soon.

On Monday, February 22, 2021, 09:14:45 AM CST, peterjaybird via groups.io <peterjaybird@...> wrote:

I'm of the opinion that Randy's superb sound is due to his encoding, not the  audio type or size of the final product.  I've downloaded 100's of  shows from his site (rand’s esoteric otr), and I consider them some of the best recordings available. I'm not suggesting the Frontier Town isn't worthwhile, but rather collectors should consider sound quality before they measure size.

Cheers,

Pete
On Monday, February 22, 2021, 09:35:36 AM EST, Michael Moore <mmoore11@...> wrote:

I can help with this. I have the all 47 episodes in 128 kbps mp3.