Re: An Invitation To All Members

BrianWest2@...

Thanks Larry, sorry for the misspelling

-----Original Message-----
To: 'main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io' <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Apr 3, 2021 4:04 pm
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] An Invitation To All Members

Thank you Brian.  I will look up the date and use the one that seems the most credible if I find more than one.  Many people would no doubt agree with you that it is one of "Escape's" best and most famous episodes.

Your paragraph is very descriptive and will be enjoyable to readers.  Any story set in a lonely lighthouse draws immediate interest, and I think Vincent Price was one of old-time radio's real stars.

I have your contribution slotted as number three for the June issue of Radio Recall.

Larry

-----------------------------------------
To: "main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io"
Cc:
Sent: Saturday April 3 2021 2:42:20PM
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] An Invitation To All Members

Hi Larry,

Probably my favorite single episode of any OTR show is "Three Skelton Key" from the show "Escape" starring Vincent Price. I know it had several dates, but I don't know any of them. For me its one of the scariest shows that I ever heard. I loved the narration, the buildup to the attack and the soundtrack of the rats running up the rocks to the lighthouse and trying to get in. Price is terrific as one of the lighthouse keepers expressing what its like to be couped up for long periods of time. Their is tension throughout the episode until you get a sigh of relief at the end. Its one of the best shows of its genre.

Brian West
West Hartford, CT

PS my other favorite show would be any Jack Benny Christmas episode

-----Original Message-----
To: 'Main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io' <Main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Apr 3, 2021 10:58 am
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] An Invitation To All Members

Happy Saturday to everyone.

I will be editing the June issue of Radio Recall, the newsletter of the Metropolitan Washington Old-Time Radio Club, and would like to invite every member of this group to send me a message telling me what your single favorite old-time radio episode is.

The message will need to include the following: (1) The title of the episode; (2) the name of the series to which it belongs; (3) the date that the episode was broadcast; (4) a paragraph describing why it is your favorite episode; (5) your name and (optional) the city and state in which you now reside.

A sample: "The Most Famous Man in the World" from The Mysterious Traveler (November 20, 1951) or (11/20/51) if you prefer.  Then the paragraph, then your name and residence information.  Don't worry about the italics: I will put them in if you don't.

I have room for about 12 of these in the June issue, so will publish the first 12 that are submitted and save the rest for the next issue.  If you submit one, I promise that it will be published as soon as possible and you will see your name in print as a contributor.

You can post the message here or send it to me personally at lmaupin@... if you prefer.

Larry

--
Larry Maupin

--
Larry Maupin

Join main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.