Re: To All Members Who Have Submitted Favorite Episodes To Me

Larry Maupin

Pete, you are welcome but I need to correct an error in my earlier reply to you today.  It is true that there are some radio logs from 1965 in the article in the January/February issue of Old Radio Times, and if you read it you may find it helpful.

However, when I stated the the Big Sister and Pepper Young's Family episodes released in 1965 were based on new scripts that was not correct.  I was thinking of the 1975 radio revival which featured some entirely new programs with original scripts.  I had already heard most if not all of the Pepper Young episodes that I listened to before writing the article, and most of the Big Sister shows.  I did not detect any changes at all from the OTR era episodes of those two serials except that those released by Ted Davenport to his Buyer's Group have much better audio quality than some of the old mp3 files that dealers have offered for many years.

I apologize for the error and hope this correction will be in time to ward off any disappointment you might have had in listening to the episodes and expecting new scripts.

Larry

-----------------------------------------

To: "main@oldtimeradioresearchers.groups.io", "main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io"
Cc:
Sent: Monday April 5 2021 2:04:34PM
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] To All Members Who Have Submitted Favorite Episodes To Me

Thanks for the help, Larry.  It's next to impossible to find radio logs in archived newspapers by the mid-60's, but I'm not giving up, just yet.

Pete

On Monday, April 5, 2021, 01:57:13 PM EDT, Walden Hughes <waldenhughes@...> wrote:

Hi Larry,

Walden Hughes lives in Costa Mesa, CA

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io [mailto:main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io] On Behalf Of Larry Maupin
Sent: Monday, April 5, 2021 5:56 AM
To: 'Main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io' <Main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] To All Members Who Have Submitted Favorite Episodes To Me

Greetings to everyone.  The following is a list of everyone who has sent in a favorite episode so far.  There are 15 favorite episodes, and that is enough for a really nice column in the June issue of Radio Recall.  I am posting the list for three reasons.  One is that if you have submitted a favorite episode to me and your name is not on the list, please send it again and I will include it in the column.  The second is that I am placing an asterisk before the name of each person who has not given me his or her city and state of current residence so that you can send that information if you want it to be included with your name as a contributor to the June issue.  The third is that I would like to encourage other members to send me a description of their favorite episodes because your submissions are a lot of fun for everyone else to read and they will appear soon in one OTR newsletter or another.

Here is the list:

* Robert Horton, Kentucky

John Enrietto of Gurney, Illinois

Brian West of West Hartford, Connecticut

* Scott Mahan

Adam Graham of Boise, Idaho

* Pete Cavallo

* Michael Hingson

Evan West of Nashville, Tennessee

* Scott Galley

*Walden Hughes

* Joe Webb

* Jay in Kentucky 

Please note that your address is not a requirement, but I do think that readers are always interested in knowing where contributors live.

Thank you all for your participation.

Larry 

--
Larry Maupin

--
Larry Maupin

Join main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.