Re: To All Members Who Have Submitted Favorite Episodes To Me

Michael Hingson

I didn’t hear of Emma Jean’s before you mentioned it. I now have gotten the scoop from some other residents. We have lived here only four and a third years although I grew up in Palmdale. When I was growing up Victorville was even much smaller than Palmdale. Now, Victorville has a population of over 120,000. Go figure.

Best Regards,

Michael Hingson

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io On Behalf Of Paul
Sent: Monday, April 5, 2021 9:57 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] To All Members Who Have Submitted Favorite Episodes To Me

Great burgers at Emma Jean's on Route 66 in Victorville. It's the kind of place that you would expect a rattling speaker in the background playing the local AM station.

Larry,

For me you just about can't beat Orson Wells and the Mercury Theatre on the Air 1938 "War of the Worlds" broadcast. I have always enjoyed anything by Orson Wells and was an H. G. Wells fan before I got into OTR. This broadcast definitely made a big impact on radio drama. Broadcast on Halloween Sunday Oct 30, 1938. I also enjoy the Dr Gideon Fell series from the BBC.

Paul Fullmer, Mackay Idaho

On 4/5/2021 9:02 AM, Michael Hingson wrote:

Hi Larry,

I live in Victorville, California hi up on the Mojave desert.

Best Regards,

Michael Hingson

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io On Behalf Of Larry Maupin
Sent: Monday, April 5, 2021 5:56 AM
To: 'Main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io' <Main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] To All Members Who Have Submitted Favorite Episodes To Me

Greetings to everyone.  The following is a list of everyone who has sent in a favorite episode so far.  There are 15 favorite episodes, and that is enough for a really nice column in the June issue of Radio Recall.  I am posting the list for three reasons.  One is that if you have submitted a favorite episode to me and your name is not on the list, please send it again and I will include it in the column.  The second is that I am placing an asterisk before the name of each person who has not given me his or her city and state of current residence so that you can send that information if you want it to be included with your name as a contributor to the June issue.  The third is that I would like to encourage other members to send me a description of their favorite episodes because your submissions are a lot of fun for everyone else to read and they will appear soon in one OTR newsletter or another.

Here is the list:

* Robert Horton, Kentucky

John Enrietto of Gurney, Illinois

Brian West of West Hartford, Connecticut

* Scott Mahan

Adam Graham of Boise, Idaho

* Pete Cavallo

* Michael Hingson

Evan West of Nashville, Tennessee

* Scott Galley

*Walden Hughes

* Joe Webb

* Jay in Kentucky 

Please note that your address is not a requirement, but I do think that readers are always interested in knowing where contributors live.

Thank you all for your participation.

Larry 

--
Larry Maupin

Join main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.