Re: To All Members Who Have Submitted Favorite Episodes To Me

Larry Maupin

John, thank you for your comment.  It gives me a chance to state that I have all the favorite episodes I need now for the column in the June issue of Radio Recall.

But if I receive more nominations (I like your word) that meet the requirements (episode title and date, the name of the series and a paragraph explaining why you like it so much, plus your name and place of residence) I will begin stockpiling them right now for future issues.

Just one more note.  I don't care for Christmas shows or for episodes that almost everybody has already heard.  We have had discussions before about favorite episodes on this message board, and the Christmas shows mentioned seem to be the same ones over and over.

Best regards,

Larry

-----------------------------------------

To: main@oldtimeradioresearchers.groups.io
Cc:
Sent: Tuesday April 6 2021 3:30:47PM
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] To All Members Who Have Submitted Favorite Episodes To Me

I recall that episode clearly and listened to it in the past 6 months. It is a great episode and I would surely second the nomination.
Very different for Dragnet and very well written
John Brewer

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 3:19 PM Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...> wrote:
Jackie:

That sounds like a good episode to listen to at Christmas time.  Oscuro Township New Mexico sounds so Old West it makes me think of Lonesome Dove.  Thank you for sharing that information.

Larry

-----------------------------------------

To: main@oldtimeradioresearchers.groups.io
Cc:
Sent: Tuesday April 6 2021 3:06:13PM
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] To All Members Who Have Submitted Favorite Episodes To Me

Larry:

My favorite Dragnet show is the Christmas Show with the little boy
taking the baby Jesus from the Nativity at the Catholic Church where his
family attended. I don't know what number it it but it always made me
feel good when I listen to it It reminds me of my Grandfather who was a
police officer and how he would treat people.

Jackie Schlageter
Oscuro Township New Mexico

--
Larry Maupin

--
Larry Maupin

Join main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.