Re: The Sealed Book

Litsey, Alan

Thank you, Jim for sharing these awesome shows. Alan

On Apr 27, 2021, at 9:11 PM, Jim Jones <otr@...> wrote:

One of the great things about OTR is rediscovering an old show. Since there are so many shows to listen to, it is easy to file away and forget an old favorite. When you do pull up that old forgotten file, it is like meeting an old friend on the street. Pleasant memories of past events come to mind.

This is the experience I had when, this week, I came across The Sealed Book. I have not listened to that series in probably 15-20 years, but when I started the series some old and pleasant memories came to mind.

For those who have not listened to The Sealed Book, it is a well-written suspense show. Many of the episodes have surprise endings much like The Whistler. Some may not like the overdramatic announcer, but he grows on you.

The major downside of the existing shows are the LOOOONNNGGG interludes of organ music. Organ music is inserted where commercials are intended to be. These 4 commercial breaks contain over 5 minutes of really bad organ music (noise).

However, I have fixed that problem by removing these unnecessary organ interludes. There is still plenty of organ music as the show uses it for background and emphasis, similar to Boston Blackie. I have posted these updated (and much more listenable) shows to the cloud if anyone would like them. The link is:
https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=kZAUF1XZ3RYk9r3vLKYx4Sc4vhPuG8yL347k

I hope everyone finds these shows more enjoyable without the long and tedious breaks in the story line.

jj