Re: Windows icon help needed - I can't figure it out

Brian Allen

For my OTR files I use a program called MediaMonkey that allows me to add artwork to my files. By doing this, they show in the folders with the artwork and when I play them in the car, the artwork shows there as well. It uses the tagging that is mentioned and works well.

On Friday, May 21, 2021, 09:47:54 AM EDT, Brian Kavanaugh via groups.io <brian@...> wrote:

I had an mp3 (Gildy audition episode from our last set) that had no cover embedded. I tried various combinations of using the front cover art image - front cover tag, icon tag, both, none. In all cases, the icon for the file remained the one for Groove (fairly recently created VM and I never changed the default program associated with mp3s).

On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 8:36 AM Jim Jones <otr@...> wrote:
Brian
To change a cover using Mp3tag, you have to remove the old cover first. If you just add a new cover BOTH will be in the metadata, and the first cover will still be displayed. Easy to do. Select all files, then right click in the cover box (lower left) and remove cover. Right click again and Add Cover.