Re: Speed Gibson

-

If you divide the episodes into single files here is a method to easily add intro and ending sound files to each. The app. used is cat which
is a standard utility found and used in unix/linx to do such taskss forr manipulating files, including audio files. The method used would
make one file of three audio files, entry - episode - ending as asingle file. With the same entry/ending for all episodes, this could be done
with one command to modify all files at the same time.

Here is the method described for multiple audio files:

'command line - Concatenating several .mp3 files into one .mp3'

https://askubuntu.com/questions/20507/concatenating-several-mp3-files-into-one-mp3

On Mon, 24 May 2021, Ryan Ellett via groups.io wrote:

So Gordon listened to a few sample eps I sent him and he thought the copies we currently have on reel to reel are better than what is digitized in the library now. The downside is, the intro and outro theme has been removed so they all run together like a single story, with just a short pause between episodes. If needed, we could add an intro and outro to each episode but it would be laborious. Before looking too much into that option, I thought it was worthwhile to check with group members to see if anyone has an upgraded run of the show to offer Paul to place in our library and replace what is currently there.
Ryan

On Sat, May 22, 2021 at 04:59 PM, Gordon Johansen wrote:

I've listened to them all but it was a few years ago. As I recall, the
quality was not wonderful as they were mp3s but they were very listenable.
Some pops and static. I'd have to listen again to verify that.

If you want to digitize a random episode or two and post a link, I'm happy
to compare them for you.

Gord

--
Dan d.