Re: Sealtest Village Store

Randy Watts

I found another couple of newspaper log listings for November 9, 1944, that mentioned Joan buying a motorcycle instead of an encyclopedia, which would seem to be more evidence that the show in question if from that date, as both the encyclopedia and the motorcycle figure in the plot of the file we're discussing.

<><><><><>

On Friday, May 28, 2021, 06:38:39 PM CDT, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

We do have a copy in the library dated 11-9-1944 that is the same episode at 128kbs (but still mp3). That is a date the show was broadcast on, though the newspaper blurb for the date is "Joan seeks new knowledge to impress Jack Haley." It doesn't really seem to match the audio but those blurbs can be iffy and it's vague enough to work, I guess.
Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com

The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

On Friday, May 28, 2021, 06:20:05 PM CDT, Larry Gassman <larrygassman1@...> wrote:

Yes, and it is at 48 KBPS.

Do we have it in better sound and at a higher bit rate?

Larry

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of B. J. Watkins
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2021 4:13 PM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Sealtest Village Store

I have that show but don't have a date either.

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...>
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2021 3:35 PM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Sealtest Village Store

I am trying to identify the linked episode of Sealtest Village Store starring Joan Davis. The story does not match any of the episodes identified on Jerry's and Goldin's log of the show (in my opinion). I've also made a complete (but not always detailed) log of the series from newspapers and the story does not obviously match any of the newspaper plot blurbs. Can anyone help pin a date on this broadcast? Davis was the featured host of the show from fall 1943 through summer of 1945 before getting her self-titled program.

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZRMn9XZssQ04FAPh8YVJ0gUuBwVMSDMTRly

Ryan

Join main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.