Re: Sealtest Village Store

Randy Watts

I found another couple of newspaper log listings for November 9, 1944, that mentioned Joan buying a motorcycle instead of an encyclopedia, which would seem to be more evidence that the show in question if from that date, as both the encyclopedia and the motorcycle figure in the plot of the file we're discussing.

On Friday, May 28, 2021, 06:38:39 PM CDT, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

We do have a copy in the library dated 11-9-1944 that is the same episode at 128kbs (but still mp3). That is a date the show was broadcast on, though the newspaper blurb for the date is "Joan seeks new knowledge to impress Jack Haley." It doesn't really seem to match the audio but those blurbs can be iffy and it's vague enough to work, I guess.

On Friday, May 28, 2021, 06:20:05 PM CDT, Larry Gassman <larrygassman1@...> wrote:

Yes, and it is at 48 KBPS.

Do we have it in better sound and at a higher bit rate?

Larry