Re: Man From Homicide

Ryan Ellett

I have a set that was sent to me about a year ago but I've been waiting for Karl's article to finalize it. It is on my to-do list.

On Monday, September 20, 2021, 12:39:38 PM CDT, Bob Merritt <bobmerritt58@...> wrote:

After reading the article, I downloaded all the Man From Homicide files from the OTRR Lib.  About half of them have incorrect mp3 tags.   The incorrect ones all indicate Lone Ranger episodes....   :)

Bob

On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 10:39 AM Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
If anyone hasn't read the latest issue of the Old Radio Times, it has a pretty extensive background on The Man From Homicide written by Karl Schadow. He probably dug up about everything there is to know about this short-lived series.

On Monday, September 20, 2021, 09:32:35 AM CDT, Jim Jones <otr@...> wrote:

Ryan You are correct that this was a limited summer time replacement series . It appears to have run from mid Jun through Sep 1951.
I did find a couple of interesting facts about the show.
It seems that Charles McGraw was intended to play the lead. But as we know, Dan Duryea eventually did.

Another interesting fact is that the show was written by Louis Vitties, who became a prolific writer of many well known Tv shows (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0900134).

jj