Re: Springbok Radio

John K5MO

"What an odd response. Curiosity about another’s culture does not imply a desire to dominate it. I was just saying that I enjoyed what I’ve heard and was interested in finding out more. In the same way that I’m interested in broadcasting from Great Britain, Australia, Canada, or for that matter, the US, which is not my home country.
If I’ve stepped on some sort of cultural minefield (surprisingly easy to do in today’s hypersensitive age) then it was done accidentally.
This is a reminder to me as to why I try never to participate in any online forums. You ask a simple question… "

Indeed so.  It's unfortunate that someone (anyone) believes that they have the "authentic" control of a countries  (ANY countries) vintage radio history.  I collect a particular brand of vintage handgun. There's a fellow who has collected decades worth of information on these guns, but won't share it because "It's part of a book I'm publishing".  He's been "publishing" it for 25+ yrs with no sign of anything forthcoming, and I'm pretty sure the information will go to the grave with him as he's quite elderly now.

Strange, but such are some of the characters and behaviors that inhabit all niche hobbies.

John