Re: General Radio Network

Richard Davenport

What comes to mind initially is perhaps it has something to do with General Mills as a sponsor. I too tried multiple variations on the search theme General Radio and found nothing. What show was playing when you heard this intro?

On Friday, October 22, 2021, 01:01:49 PM CDT, Scott Mahan <scott@...> wrote:

You think maybe that is RKO General?

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of Larry Maupin
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2021 10:35 AM
To: 'main@oldtimeradioresearchers.groups.io' <main@oldtimeradioresearchers.groups.io>
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] General Radio Network

Good morning and happy Friday to everybody!

I have been spot checking an OTR series for sound quality, and at the beginning of several episodes the announcer has distinctly said "This is General Radio."  This does not appear to be an instance of syndication in which something generic will be said that leads to dead air or a musical interlude that gives local stations time to insert their commercials.  But when I type "General Radio Network" into my browser, nothing intelligible comes up?

Can any of the many OTR scholars and collectors in this group provide some information on this?

Thank you very much,