Re: Digitizing CDs

Phil Becker

CD Ripper software will digitize the audio and place it where  you tell it to.  I don’t know of one that won’t rip directly to a flash drive if you tell it to.  I’ve even used Windows Media Player to do this (but in that case I had to convert the output format to what I wanted after it was digitized).

CDs are already digitized, you are just copying them form the D and converting them to the format of your choice with the proper software.

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io [mailto:main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io] On Behalf Of Larry Maupin
Sent: Sunday, October 31, 2021 8:51 AM
To: 'main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io'
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Digitizing CDs

Thank you Brian.  I clicked on your link, but did not see a way to transfer audio files to a flash drive as they are being digitized.  I think a piece of hardware must be necessary to accomplish that, something a flash drive will plug in to like the NAXA Portable Recorder & Cassette Player I use to digitize cassettes.

I am grateful for your reply.

Larry   

-----------------------------------------

To: main@oldtimeradioresearchers.groups.io
Cc:
Sent: Sunday October 31 2021 11:40:18AM
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Digitizing CDs

Pretty much any CD ripper will do it. I personally use https://www.exactaudiocopy.de/.

--
Larry Maupin

Join main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.