Re: Lives of Harry Lime

Randy Watts

Ryan,

The "Harry Lime" shows you're dubbing may be latter-day Charles Michelson syndication cuts. "Harry Lime" was one of the shows he handled. Some of his stuff was cut rather severely to allow for local station commercial time AND a 5-minute news break.

Randy

On Sunday, December 5, 2021, 11:15:25 AM CST, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

I'm dubbing some episodes of The Lives of Harry Lime from a reel purchased by the group and finding the episodes to be about 20 minutes. I'm not very familiar with the program but that seems a very odd length. An AFRS show should be around 25 minutes and a network broadcast about 30 minutes. What might be cut from these? I've not had a chance to compare these recordings to others that might be a more normal length.