Re: Evelyn Winters Distro

Richard Davenport

Based on some of the info that Larry has posted and the files he forwarded links to here is where I stand with the Evelyn Winters files.

Rick

Strange Romance Of Evelyn Winters - 0000 - 00-00-00 - Walter Returns From Washington .txt
Strange Romance Of Evelyn Winters - 0073 - 45-02-28 - Jenny Wants To Act.mp3
Strange Romance Of Evelyn Winters - 0073 - 45-02-28 - Ted & Evelyn go to the Theatre to Stop Ginny’s Audition.mp3
Strange Romance Of Evelyn Winters - 0201 - 45-08-27 - Charlie Gleason Wants Evelyn to Leave Gary Bennett Alone.aiff
Strange Romance Of Evelyn Winters - 0201 - 45-08-27 - Charlie Gleason Wants Evelyn to Leave Gary Bennett Alone.mp3
Strange Romance Of Evelyn Winters - 0236 - 45-10-15 - Ginny Upset that Evelyn is to Marry Walter Barnes. VSP Offer.aiff
Strange Romance Of Evelyn Winters - 0236 - 45-10-15 - Ginny Upset that Evelyn is to Marry Walter Barnes. VSP Offer.mp3
Strange Romance Of Evelyn Winters - 0342 - 46-03-12 - Evelyn In Love With Gary, But Is Too Much Older.mp3
Strange Romance Of Evelyn Winters - 0352 - 46-03-26 - Evelyn, Jonathan Dine at the Candlelight Inn; He’s Going Away.txt
Strange Romance Of Evelyn Winters - 0375 - 46-04-26 - Collier Jerome Runs into Evelyn, Invites Himself In.aiff
Strange Romance Of Evelyn Winters - 0375 - 46-04-26 - Collier Jerome Runs into Evelyn, Invites Himself In.mp3
Strange Romance Of Evelyn Winters - 0507 - 46-10-29 - Evelyn Hears News Bulletin; Philip McKay Thrown From A Horse.aiff
Strange Romance Of Evelyn Winters - 0507 - 46-10-29 - Evelyn Hears News Bulletin; Philip McKay Thrown From A Horse.mp3
Strange Romance Of Evelyn Winters - 0566 - 47-01-20 - Pierce Field Returning to London.  Aunt Maggie Forgets Message.aiff
Strange Romance Of Evelyn Winters - 0566 - 47-01-20 - Pierce Field Returning to London.  Aunt Maggie Forgets Message.mp3
Strange Romance Of Evelyn Winters - 0571 - 47-01-27 - Evelyn Begins New Job Madam Beaujour’s Dress Shop.aiff
Strange Romance Of Evelyn Winters - 0571 - 47-01-27 - Evelyn Begins New Job Madam Beaujour’s Dress Shop.mp3
Strange Romance Of Evelyn Winters - 0630 - 47-06-13 - Evelyn Returns From New Haven.mp3
Strange Romance Of Evelyn Winters - 0668 - 47-06-11 - Pierce And Jerry Dine At The New Tahiti.txt
Strange Romance Of Evelyn Winters - 0893 - 48-04-21 - Returning Late .txt
Strange Romance Of Evelyn Winters - 0948 - 48-07- 07 - Valerie Winters Climbs Stairs Imposter.flac

Labor ipse voluptas

On Saturday, December 4, 2021, 06:10:17 PM CST, Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...> wrote:

Thank you Rick.  I will check my dates against yours before tomorrow to see if I need to make any changes to the list.  I still don't have a date for the episode "Walter Returns From Washington," but none of your descriptions match that episode.

Thank you for all your contributions to this project.

Larry, I was able to place most of the .aiff files that you sent me based on what was stated in the opening sequences.

Here is the result.  Again, I make no guarantees as to the complete accuracy but based on what I learned for the frequency and sequence it was my reasonable guess.

[...]
Strange Romance Of Evelyn Winters - 0630- 47-06-13 - .mp3

On Saturday, December 4, 2021, 09:14:33 AM CST, Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...> wrote:

This distro has now grown from its original 7 episodes to at least 9, and possibly 11.  Today I will post the beginning of the final list of episodes with the goal of aligning the episode titles, dates and summaries for each with the order in which they have been and will be sent out.  The first four episodes are all in the same folder, and I have released them in the order in which they appear in the folder:

1. "The Upper Crust" (1/27/47).  This episode derives its title from the fact that Evelyn begins her new job at Madame Beaujour's swanky dress shop.  After that she meets with millionaire playboy Robbie DeHaven, who persuades her to accompany him on a visit to her new employer's luxurious New York apartment.

2. "The Theater Crowd" (3/26/47).  This is so titled because it takes place mostly in theater settings.  Gary Bennett is trying to help an aspiring playwrite from Minnesota get a start as a scriptwriter.  He gives her advice and encouragement, offers to read some of her scripts, and invites her to attend a rehearsal the following day.

3. "Pierce Intends To Leave For London" (1/20/47).  This one is easy because in the first minute we find Pierce at the airport waiting to be boarded on a nearby plane for a flight to London.  Later we learn that an untimely accident delays his trip.

4. "A Disturbing News Bulletin" (10/29/46).  While Gary and Pierce are conversing in the living room of Evelyn's Beekman Place apartment, she hears an announcement on the radio stating that Philip McKay has been thrown from his horse at the Meadow Crop Club and critically injured.  Gary asks Pierce to take over Philip's role in a current production because no understudy has been prepared to assume it.

5. "Collier" (8/26/46).  This episode takes place after Evelyn has escaped from Brit Appleton's penthouse by fleeing through Collier Jerome's adjacent apartment.  Today Collier pays a visit to see Gary and is at first friendly to Evelyn, only accusing her humorously of not being properly grateful for his assistance in her escape.  Gary comes home and asks Evelyn about the extent of her relationship with Collier.  She implies that they have just met.  After Gary leaves, Collier first tells Evelyn he admires her skill at deception, then calls her "a double-talking little liar" for not telling Gary about Brit's assault on her.  This is the only episode in the second folder.

6. "Ginny's Part in New Comedy" (10/15/45).  Ginny has landed a role in a Broadway play, but comes to Evelyn in tears because she has just taken a screen test that went poorly.  Evelyn consoles her.  This is the only episode in the third folder on my computer.

7. Walter Returns From Washington (Undated).  The last time Walter Barnes saw Evelyn was one evening at the Cafe d'Amour, after which he took a business trip to Washington, D.C. to give her time to consider his proposal of marriage.  Today he unexpectedly arrives on her doorstep.  This is the only episode in the fourth folder on my computer.

8. "Maggie's Night Off" (3/12/46).  This sounds as if it is the first episode in the story line.  It definitely precedes episode number 5, and the two are closely related.  Evelyn has just fled Brit Appleton's penthouse because he has frightened her, and she lets herself in to Collier Jerome's adjacent apartment.  The two of them have never met before.  He is very courteous to her, and says he will let her use his private elevator to get down to the ground floor.  His assistant Miss Parker telephones the police, then learns that Evelyn has already left.  This episode is from Ryan Ellet's personal collection.