Re: Lives of Harry Lime

Randy Watts

On Tuesday, December 7, 2021, 03:45:31 PM CST, Bob Stepno <rstepno@...> wrote:

Very good to hear... Hearing the Lives of Harry Lime episodes that were converted into "Europe Confidential" scripts made me wonder whether any of the other episodes had previous incarnations in other Towers series. I also wonder to what extent Welles was involved in writing the Harry Lime scripts, or whether he knew of Towers' script-recycling. Wikipedia says that one Welles did write became the basis for his film Mr. Arkadin.  However, that is not one of the 50 titles I downloaded from the Internet Archive wayback when, at least not under the title WIkipedia gives, "Man of Mystery." Have to go looking for the Mr. Arkadin DVD at the university library.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Harry_Lime

Sadly, I also missed the 2019 BBC series about Towers... I wonder if it gets e rebroadcast like some other productions. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0001wkw

 Cheers,

 Bob