Re: Frank Race/Frontier Town

Richard Davenport

If anyone can direct me with the process to pay my annual dues, I would appreciate it.  I just got an email from a OTR bot that said it was the 3rd attempt to get me to pay my dues.  I would love to but I never got the 1st 2 reminders.  Any help of where to go and how much is appreciated.

On Friday, December 24, 2021, 06:06:44 PM CST, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

Welcome to the great Karl Schadow, researcher extraordinaire! Finally, someone to put the local blowhard Joe Webb in his place.

On Friday, December 24, 2021, 05:39:16 PM CST, Karl Schadow <bluecar91@...> wrote:

Joe's discovery of the piece in Daily Variety confirmed that there was less than the usual number (e.g. 52) of episodes recorded for both The Adventures of Frank Race and also Frontier Town. But what were the reasons led to that situation and the 1952 foreclosure notice?

Some of the answers are held in the TRANSCO Collection at the Library of Congress. The Bruce Eells story will be told in a future article in The Old Radio Times. The TRANSCO Collection holds many OTR historical gems including the cast of The Cinnamon Bear in which Bobby La Manche was revealed to have portrayed Jimmy Barton.