Rick's OTR bot problem - The Purchasing Group is calling out to you - and to anyone else interested in membership

David Oxford

Rick

Pardon me while I highjack your email as it provides me an opportunity to make a pitch for the OTRR Purchasing Group!

This request is for your annual fee is from the the Purchasing Group ($5 per month). I just checked the member rooster and see your membership expired Nov 30. Send your payment via PayPal to Jim Wood at otrpg@... (or email him and ask for other arrangements, if desired.) You can pay monthly but we’d like every 6 months or yearly to keep things simple.

We could use more members in the Purchasing Group for anyone wanting to join. We’ve spent nearly our entire treasury on purchasing reels from Radioarchives (the Kelez collection), assisted with the moving, storage and postage cost of the Hehn collection and recently another collection (I don’t think I can tell you about this one yet as it’s still a secret -- but we’re going to need more money).

Returning control now…..

David Oxford
Moderator the Purchasing Group

PS: Merry Christmas to all! Enjoy your friends and family today.

On Dec 24, 2021, at 18:44, Richard Davenport <klingon1@...> wrote:

If anyone can direct me with the process to pay my annual dues, I would appreciate it.  I just got an email from a OTR bot that said it was the 3rd attempt to get me to pay my dues.  I would love to but I never got the 1st 2 reminders.  Any help of where to go and how much is appreciated.

On Friday, December 24, 2021, 06:06:44 PM CST, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

Welcome to the great Karl Schadow, researcher extraordinaire! Finally, someone to put the local blowhard Joe Webb in his place.

On Friday, December 24, 2021, 05:39:16 PM CST, Karl Schadow <bluecar91@...> wrote:

Joe's discovery of the piece in Daily Variety confirmed that there was less than the usual number (e.g. 52) of episodes recorded for both The Adventures of Frank Race and also Frontier Town. But what were the reasons led to that situation and the 1952 foreclosure notice?

Some of the answers are held in the TRANSCO Collection at the Library of Congress. The Bruce Eells story will be told in a future article in The Old Radio Times. The TRANSCO Collection holds many OTR historical gems including the cast of The Cinnamon Bear in which Bobby La Manche was revealed to have portrayed Jimmy Barton.