From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...>
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2020 7:20 AM
To: 'main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io' <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] One More Intro

Good morning Gary,

I hope you are getting through the crisis well and enjoying daily life despite so many places of business and entertainment being closed.  My daughter did tell me yesterday that it looks as if the major league baseball season may soon start, with all the games being played in Arizona.  It would be great to have baseball on television again.

I am writing to update our previous correspondence and to ask your advice on a matter.  After you told me about "Radiogram" I composed an article that was slightly longer than the one I had envisioned because I discovered that on one particular reel in the SPERDVAC General Library there are four different old-time radio soap opera episodes that are not in the OTRR Library collection, one of which I think has never been circulated because it is not even listed in the catalog as being on that reel.

Earlier this week I submitted the article to Patrick Luciano using the email address Radiogram@....  I have not yet received a reply acknowledging receipt of the submission, which concerns me because most people, as I always do, respond promptly to email messages.

If Patrick is the person you refer to as your good friend and someone who has published quite a few of your notes and articles in "Radiogram", then you know him well enough to advise me as to how to proceed.  I have had a number of thoughts, the foremost being that he looked at the article and rejected it out of hand and did not think it was worth even a reply.  Another is that perhaps he only gets around to reading submissions on weekends and thus has not yet seen it.  One editor I submitted a piece to went ten days without replying to my message.  Finally, exasperated, I wrote him and asked if he  was in a coma.  He replied testily that he has accepted the article, that it is slated for publication at a later date, and that he doesn't think it necessary to jump right on every message he receives and respond immediately.  He said he sometimes goes three days without reading his emails!

I do hope this message is amusing you, but I will finally get to the point.  Do you have any advice for me as to how to proceed?  I am thinking that if I don't hear back from Patrick by Monday, he probably has no interest in what I submitted and I will just find somewhere else to share the information contained in it.  Do you think I should write him again if he has not replied by tomorrow, or just let the matter go?

I will abide by whatever advice you give me if you reply to this message.  Also, please let me know if Patrick is the current editor and whether I did use the correct email address for my submission.

I hope to hear back from you today if it is convenient for you to reply.

Best wishes,