Re: Being the Ricardos

Ryan Ellett

I believe it was about a construction firewall, but now I can't remember the context. They used the term "showrunner" which I believe is a fairly recent term (1990s or later) and at least one other bit of language that didn't seem contemporary. But with any historical fiction I guess you have to give some leniency to make connections with modern audiences.

On Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 11:07:18 AM CST, Bob Merritt <bobmerritt58@...> wrote:

Was it referenced as a firewall used in building construction?

Bob

On Wed, Dec 29, 2021 at 12:04 PM radiojayallen <radiojayallen@...> wrote:
I enjoyed the movle immensely being a huge Lucy fan but I noticed (I think two small errors, please corect me if I'm wrong).

1) At some point someone (I think Lucy??) said that filming it meant that viewers on the East Coast didn't have to see a blurry kinescope. Unless I'm mistaken, the East coast saw most shows live and the kinescope was aired on the West coast. Maybe I head that line wrong.

2) She used the word firewall and after checking it seems the word was a computer terms that didn't come into existence until the 90;s.

FWIW..still thought it was lots of fun.

Jay