Re: The General Store

Ryan Ellett

Can't wait to see what you dig up, Karl!

On Sunday, January 2, 2022, 04:38:13 PM CST, Karl Schadow <bluecar91@...> wrote:

There is material regarding this program in the TRANSCO collection at Library of Congress. Will research this within the next couple of weeks.
Karl

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...>
Sent: Sunday, January 2, 2022 5:14 PM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] The General Store

I'm looking for background on a series called The General Store. It is a series of 65 5-minute episodes. It was produced in the mid-30s by Atlas Radio. I've attached the only reference to it that I can find; an Atlas advertisement from a 1936 trade magazine. I know we have some sleuths here. Can anyone dig up a more specific production timeline and maybe some artists associated with the show? We have 64 of the 65 episodes.