Re: The General Store

Ryan Ellett

Here is the premier episode as a sample, courtesy of member Tom Elkins. Our set will have 64 of the 65, which seems to be what is available in hobbyist circles.

www.RyanEllett.com

The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

On Sunday, January 2, 2022, 05:30:54 PM CST, Litsey, Alan via groups.io <alitsey@...> wrote:

I’m intrigued! Is this show available on online? Best,

Alan

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of B. J. Watkins via groups.io <kinseyfan@...>
Date: Sunday, January 2, 2022 at 5:29 PM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] The General Store

I love this show! I encourage everyone to check it out.

Barbara

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...>
Sent: Sunday, January 2, 2022 3:02 PM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] The General Store

Can't wait to see what you dig up, Karl!

www.RyanEllett.com

The Old Time Radio Researchers

"Saving the Past for the Future"

On Sunday, January 2, 2022, 04:38:13 PM CST, Karl Schadow <bluecar91@...> wrote:

There is material regarding this program in the TRANSCO collection at Library of Congress. Will research this within the next couple of weeks. 

Karl

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...>
Sent: Sunday, January 2, 2022 5:14 PM
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] The General Store

I'm looking for background on a series called The General Store. It is a series of 65 5-minute episodes. It was produced in the mid-30s by Atlas Radio. I've attached the only reference to it that I can find; an Atlas advertisement from a 1936 trade magazine. I know we have some sleuths here. Can anyone dig up a more specific production timeline and maybe some artists associated with the show? We have 64 of the 65 episodes.
Ryan

Join main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.