Re: Black Flame

Richard Davenport

Everything I have came from the OTRR site and archive.org.  For the sake of my accuracy, could the more learned and aware folks here help to correct the files I have?   If I understand correctly there are other sources out there that have more of the same files but possible improvements?  I indicated the ones that were missing in the series with NEED.  Maybe these can be located and that there are others that are missing in reality.   Since per that newspaper article we know the date of a first broadcast as well as the frequency, could we potentially add dates to the files?

On Monday, January 10, 2022, 01:23:57 PM CST, Bob Merritt <bobmerritt58@...> wrote:

I should add using Spek verified that result showing reduced bandwidth of that wave file.

On Mon, Jan 10, 2022, 2:15 PM Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Bob, I'm not understanding how to interpret the software result you shared. Does the term "Unsampled" mean it was a lossy format turned into a .wav?

On Monday, January 10, 2022, 08:47:28 AM CST, Bob Merritt <bobmerritt58@...> wrote:

Hey Brian,   I like the way Spek works!   I don't mean to interrupt the Blame Flame discussion, but I found another audio tool to check lossless file types to see if they have been upsampled from an mp3!   Here's an example shot...   The top file sounded very "weak" to my ears and the software confirmed my suspicion.

https://losslessaudiochecker.com/

image.png
Bob