Re: YouTube Channel - Five Years!

Scott Mahan

I was 6 in 1962 which makes me across the 66.8% threshold and; while I do remember that first week of the Clampett’s, Gilligan and Johnny Carson; I totally did not know that there was any such thing as radio drama that died that week.

I can’t believe anyone else of similar age is too much different. So I would say that these numbers tell us that upwards of 2/3 of the community, myself included, came to radio after-the-fact and I think that is pretty good.

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Kavanaugh via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2022 10:44 AM
To: main@oldtimeradioresearchers.groups.io
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] YouTube Channel - Five Years!

I would say that they are not unexpected. However, the fact that more than a third of the audience was born after Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar and Suspense went off the air I think is pretty good.

On Sat, Jan 22, 2022 at 10:29 AM Tom Shamray via groups.io <thomassha1959=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

If I am reading these dashboard stats correctly, they seem rather grim. Fans of American otr(?), are American(86%) males(74%) over 45 years old(85%).

Thanks.

Tom

On Saturday, January 22, 2022, 09:33:18 AM EST, Joe Webb via groups.io <drjoewebb=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I've uploaded stuff to YouTube -- while the process has become easier and more predictable, it requires MUCH DEDICATION AND PERSISTENCE AND TIME, especially with so very many files to manage

Thanks again for so faithfully and tirelessly spreading the word of OTRdom far and wide!