Re: YouTube Channel - Five Years!

Gordon Johansen

I'm just like Scott and Joe age wise too, except that my start was with CBSRMT when I should have been asleep and Green Hornet and some others on early cable TV when they were desperate for programming. My daughters at least know Gilligan's Island and some other shows from that era because I bought the DVDs.

Gord

Joe Webb via groups.io wrote on 1/23/22 8:06 AM:
Scott -- ditto here for age etc.

The OTR collectors I know of that age who do remember hearing the programs remember hearing it in the car. YTJD and Suspense were on late Sunday afternoon/early evening, and if they were headed home from somewhere, that's when they heard it.

I was not one of those. I found it because of rebroadcasts of The Shadow on NYC's WRVR-FM in 1972 and then started bumping into it in comics collecting fanzines. And now it's still my hobby, 50 years later.

Sent from Postbox