Re: Abroad with the Lockharts - sound upgrades

Brian Kavanaugh

Well, THAT'S interesting! Thanks for finding that!

On Mon, Feb 7, 2022 at 4:05 PM Richard Davenport <klingon1@...> wrote:
Brian, that article may have gotten cut off at the bottom.  I'll see if I can find it again. Meanwhile, here is one I just found.

A New Zealand paper article

Inline image

Labor ipse voluptas

On Monday, February 7, 2022, 10:44:24 AM CST, Brian Kavanaugh via groups.io <brian=briankavanaugh.com@groups.io> wrote:

Thanks, Barbara. I was able to get those copies, so that will definitely help.

Rick, because that was a syndicated series, dates not tied to a specific station don't mean much. As I noted, it first aired at least two months before the dates commonly used (and often more than a year earlier). None of the places that cite dates without tying them to a single station (Digital Deli, Goldin, RUSC, Old Time Radio Downloads, etc.) fully agree with each other on the broadcast dates, anyway, though some are similar to specific station broadcast dates. The pictures help, though. The image titled "Ideal Television Band Is Below Nine Metres" - I'm not sure what the connection is to Abroad with the Lockharts. Am I missing something?

On Sun, Feb 6, 2022 at 12:47 PM Richard Davenport <klingon1@...> wrote:

Labor ipse voluptas

On Sunday, February 6, 2022, 12:43:25 PM CST, Richard Davenport <klingon1@...> wrote:

Inline image Inline image

Inline image

(SEE 2nd to last paragraph) for this article

Inline image

Labor ipse voluptas

On Sunday, February 6, 2022, 12:36:36 PM CST, Richard Davenport <klingon1@...> wrote:

Brian,
Is this Abroad With The Lockharts serial audio or video?  I have the following episodes.  This will confirm there were 13 parts in the set.

Abroad With The Lockharts - 0001 - 31-11-21 - Planning A Trip To Europe.mp3
Abroad With The Lockharts - 0002 - 31-11-24 - Sailing Day.mp3
Abroad With The Lockharts - 0003 - 31-11-25 - At Sea.mp3
Abroad With The Lockharts - 0004 - 31-11-31 - Arriving In England.mp3
Abroad With The Lockharts - 0005 - 31-12-01 - Sight Seeing In London.mp3
Abroad With The Lockharts - 0006 - 31-12-14 - Channel Crossing To Paris.mp3
Abroad With The Lockharts - 0007 - 31-12-15 - Sight Seeing In Paris.mp3
Abroad With The Lockharts - 0012 - 32-12-14 - Sightseeing In Rome.mp3
Abroad With The Lockharts - 0013 - 32-12-28 - Homeward Bound.mp3

But then I see this site and how it is numbered...

I found the dates for the show here...

On Sunday, February 6, 2022, 11:12:03 AM CST, B. J. Watkins <kinseyfan@...> wrote:

Years ago SPERDVAC acquired a collection of discs of material performed by the Lockhart family. It included nine of the 13 episodes of that series. The episodes labeled 15 and 16 in the OTRR library are 12 and 13. I don't remember if any papers were included in the donation (purchase?). I assume that those episodes, in excellent sound, will be available for download when SPERDVAC opens the library on the website.

Barbara