MWOTRC - May Meeting Notice

Walden Hughes

Hi Everybody,

I been ask to host the interview for Richard Williams for this Friday 5-13-22 at 4 PM CA time.  See info below,

Walden

Hello Everyone,

If it seems to you that it’s been a while since our last meeting, you’re right.  There are a couple of times during the year that our meetings are five, rather than four, weeks apart.

But here we go:  Friday, May 13th, SPECIAL STARTING TIME 7:00 P.M.  Zoom meeting (#25) of the MWOTRC.

The First Fifteen (which will follow the main presentation this month) will discuss “The March of Time”.  The program that was brought to the air waves by the publishers of Time magazine.

The Quiz (“Music, Music, Music x 3, Plus 1”) will challenge your OTR musical knowledge.  As always, it will be presented by our Quiz Mistress, Sally Stephens.

The feature presentation this month is a visit with Richard Williams.  Mr. Williams is one of radio’s “Quiz Kids”, from the long running OTR program of the same name.  I had the pleasure of hearing Mr. Williams speak several months back and I am sure you will find his stories about the program and the children on it interesting and entertaining.  My appreciative thanks to Walden Hughes for arranging for Mr. Williams to be with us and for conducting the interview.

FYI, if you have a copy of SPERDVAC’s August, 2020, Radiogram, or access to it, take a few minutes and read Jack French’s excellent article on “The Quiz Kids”.

On May 1st, The Big Broadcast played The Quiz Kids with our guest Richard Williams (thirteen years old) as a contestant and Fred Allen as the judge.  If you didn’t hear the show that day, you still have time to catch it on-line before our meeting.  It was the last show of the evening.

Important Note:  This meeting info must NOT be posted to broad social media platforms. That helps to protect us from disruption from "Zoom Bombers".

Topic: MWOTRC Meeting – May, 2022 – SPECIAL STARTING TIME 7 P.M.

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 829 5760 2943

Passcode: 693444

One tap mobile

+16465588656,,82957602943#,,,,*693444# US (New York)

+13017158592,,82957602943#,,,,*693444# US (Washington DC)

Dial by your location

        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)

        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)

        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)