Re: OTRR Series Uploaded to Archive.org in 2022

Philip Atchley

Hi,

Yes, some hubs are still very active.  I belong to the following 4, "Oldtymeradioman (first hub I joined), OTRhub, PhilsPlace (both OTRhub and Philsplace are owned by "Wildbill") and finally DooDropInn (by far the largest Hub I'm in).  I sign in as KO6BB, and am usually on 24/7 (not right now though) as I collect OTR, OLD Movies, OLD music, OLD comics and so forth and usually have around 66TB in my share.

<>< 73 From "The Beaconeer's Lair" ><>
Specializing in DXing NDBs (Longwave Beacons)
Phil, KO6BB,  http://www.qsl.net/ko6bb/
On 9/20/2022 12:59 PM, Joe Webb via groups.io wrote:

Philip -- are the hubs still "a thing"? When I got back into the hobby 2005ish they were very active and I met OTRR folks who changed by OTR life for the better (Ben Kibler, RIP, we miss you). Back when there was little broadband and the cloud was something you looked to decide if you needed an umbrella, they were great resources for me as I started my Suspense project. They were my favorite way of getting the new OTRR sets.
What's the status of the OTRR hub and some of the others from a participation perspective?
--