Re: holiday episode reflections

Bob@...

Hi Ryan,

You just inspired me to do a quick search back through my online archive to see what Thanksgiving and Christmas programs written about in the past. I especially liked Superman's in character message for the first Christmas after the Germany and Japan surrendered, in keeping with the post-war brotherhood and anti-intolerance theme of the program. Of my newspaper friends, Casey and the cast of Big Town and Night Beat caught the holiday spirit, probably more than once. And, of course, having lived in Connecticut for about a third of my life, the radio adaptation of 'Christmas in Connecticut" is one I thought of on my list of newspaper movie adaptations.
Rather than just dump nine URLs into an email, I decided to make a "themes & hooks" page on my blog, which will also help me organize my top menu by making a few other pages sub-menus items.
The individual file names in the URLs are probably enough to identify the stories.
Some of the posts are more than 10 years old, so internet archive or YouTube links might need updating. Some of the OTR collection updates over the years have included changes of file names that I linked to in the MP3 player. I fix them when I notice them, but I haven't gone back and proofread everything.

If anybody notices glitches, errors or major omissions, please do drop me a line!
And if you want any of these items for the newsletter, as-is or adapted, let me know...

https://jheroes.com/themes-hooks/