Re: Fw: Archive.org to declare bankruptcy?

B. J. Watkins

The Internet Archive has ended its National Emergency Library programs two weeks earlier than originally scheduled, the organization announced in a Wednesday blog post. "We moved up our schedule ...
arstechnica.com

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Jim Wood <Jim@...>
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2020 2:21 PM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Fw: Archive.org to declare bankruptcy?

Thank you Chris, that article really sheds some light on it and I see where this could end up.

Jim

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of chris antoniacci via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2020 3:15 PM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io

The word “ bankruptcy” is prominent in this article, but it appears the publishers are using the idea of it as a club.

https://decrypt.co/31906/activists-rally-save-internet-archive-lawsuit-threatens 

On Thursday, June 11, 2020, 2:56 PM, Jim Wood <Jim@...> wrote:

Right, I found that, but that is a copyright issue between about lending books, nothing about putting them out of business or bankruptcy or the internet archives storing of stuff similar to ours. My concern here is “the sky is falling” kind of thing, we all need to report things correctly and keep it in perspective.

Jim

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of Patrick Andre
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2020 2:50 PM

I believe the whole thing revolves around the complaint by four book publishers.

http://blog.archive.org/2020/06/01/four-commercial-publishers-filed-a-complaint-about-the-internet-archives-lending-of-digitized-books/

~Patrick

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Wood via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2020 11:31

There is nothing there about the internet archive, let alone it’s bankruptcy…

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robin Baker
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2020 1:40 PM

You'll find more information here:

Internet Archive BLOG

Join main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.