Scott, I'll take the Bat Woman.

www.RyanEllett.com

The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org

On Friday, June 26, 2020, 2:31:06 PM CDT, Scott Mahan <scott@...> wrote:

Ryan:

Well you won’t find much. Lots of stuff about Jungle Jim Liberman and Jungle Pam Hardy though. I saw them and  Don Garlits and Shirley Muldowney and Don Prudhomme and the like at Green Valley Raceway when I was in high school but life happens and I had totally forgotten about them until I did my first Jungle Jim Google search. J No one could start a race quite like Jungle Pam.

That’s true. No reason not to start from the beginning. If, oh, say, half a dozen people sign up to listen then I’d say we launch.

And, really, although some of them are a bigger commitment, it would be a better experience for listeners if folk would sign up for whole story arcs.

This is a serial. It’s a lot more engaging to hear an arc from beginning to end. Lots of episodes are “cliffhangers”.

Do you really want to stop after #10 and not know whether Rev. Chalmers gets killed or not? (And you don’t know. Lots of dying in Jungle Jim.)

Not counting Ted’s stuff, and one arc that overlaps it, below is what we’ve got to work with.

Would you, perhaps, like to sign up for “The Bat Woman”?

Story Arc

Start

Episodes

Time

The Bat Woman

11/2/1935

5:30

The Purple Triangle

4/4/1936

7:45

The Tiger's Claw

11/7/1936

11:00

The Afghan Hills

9/11/1937

6:45

Ghost Of The Java Sea

3/19/1938

5:15

Karnak The Killer

8/13/1938

10:00

Stacey's Inheritance

5/20/1939

7:15

The Lanai Islands

12/9/1939

10:15

The Panama Canal

9/21/1940

8:15

Thorson's Island

5/10/1941

11:45

WWII Spying For G2

4/4/1942

5:30

WWII Malaya

1/15/1944

4:15

WWII Java

5/27/1944

6:30

WWII China Sea

11/25/1944

5:00

WWII California

4/28/1945

2:00

incomplete

South American Plot

7/20/1946

0:30

incomplete

Tin Mine Mystery

8/3/1946

2:15

incomplete

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ryan Ellett via groups.io
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2020 12:51 PM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Jungle Jim

I agree with Scott's sentiment, that anything from Ted's buying group (even if purchased separately) should probably wait a while just to avoid raising eyebrows. It may take that long to get such a big set out any way. 

Scott, I'd be happy to take ten episodes; it's not a series I've listened to much. I'll also start poking around for ads and articles and such.

Ryan

The Old Time Radio Researchers

"Saving the Past for the Future"

On Friday, June 26, 2020, 11:46:04 AM CDT, Scott Mahan <scott@...> wrote:

I actually have a set that I think is as good as you are going to get for a starting point or at all. I spent a lot of time collecting it, assembling files with the best sound quality, and fixing the dates and episode numbers and verifying the internal continuity. Which, you might recall when this was being discussed in May, I explained that the numbers on the transcription discs after 1942 aren’t episode numbers at all. Which is why the dates and episode numbers on the files in circulation are so messed up and needed fixing in the first place. And why there are so many misnamed duplicate files.

I would be happy to share but, as I recall, the conversation left off without a decision about how much that I have from Ted Davenport's OTR Buyer’s Group that should be included. I got these as a member of that group without a promise not to share but as a member of the OTRR Purchasing Group, which does have such an agreement, it seems like I ought to abide by that. I just wanted someone to tell me what to do.

These are 15 minute episodes and there are 450-ish depending on the above. So we’d need about 45 volunteers to verify 10 episode blocks. I’d be happy to coordinate that.

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ryan Ellett via groups.io
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2020 9:59 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Releases

Art asked about Jungle Jim. I remember there was some interest in the show when it was mentioned a few weeks back, but did anyone actually decide to coordinate starting to put such a set together? I've got too many other series in the queue myself. It's a big one, no doubt, so would probably take many hands.
Ryan

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 07:20 PM, Buddy Lortie wrote:

I've lost track ...

What's the status of JUNGLE JIM??

Art Lortie

Join main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.