Date   

Re: Tales of the Texas Rangers

Ryan Ellett
 

Below is the set shared with OTRR by Don Carr. It matches up with Jerry's set. It is missing a couple that Goldin lists in his holdings but includes at least one that he does not have. If members have any episodes that, after checking the title which is usually announced at the beginning, don't match here please consider submitting it on the off-chance it's not a widely circulating recording.

Ryan

TotTxRngrs 1950-04-13 Just A Number (Audition).mp3       [25 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1950-07-15 (02) The White Elephant.mp3        [27 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1950-07-22 (03) Apache Peak.mp3               [27 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1950-07-29 (04) The Trigger Man.mp3           [27 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1950-08-05 (05) Quicksilver.mp3               [27 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1950-08-12 (06) The Broken Spur.mp3           [27 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1950-08-19 (07) Fool's Gold.mp3               [27 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1950-08-26 (08) The Open Range.mp3            [27 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1950-09-02 (09) Play For Keeps.mp3            [27 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1950-09-09 (10) Dead Or Alive.mp3             [27 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1950-09-16 (11) Candy Man.mp3                 [27 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1950-09-30 (13) Clean Up.mp3                  [27 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1950-10-08 (14) Living Death.mp3              [26 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1950-10-15 (15) Dead Give-Away.mp3            [26 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1950-10-29 (17) Soft Touch.mp3                [27 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1950-11-05 (18) The White Suit.mp3            [27 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1950-11-12 (19) Blood Relative.mp3            [26 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1950-11-26 (20) Hanging By A Thread.mp3       [27 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1950-12-03 (21) Room 114.mp3                  [26 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1950-12-10 (22) The Lucky Dollar.mp3          [26 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1950-12-17 (23) The Cactus Pear.mp3           [27 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1950-12-24 (24) Christmas Present.mp3         [27 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1950-12-31 (25) The Devil's Share.mp3         [26 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1951-01-07 (26) Deadhead Freight.mp3          [26 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1951-01-14 (27) Death In The Cards.mp3        [27 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1951-01-21 (28) Blood Harvest.mp3             [27 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1951-02-04 (30) Logger's Larceny.mp3          [26 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1951-02-11 (31) The Hatchet.mp3               [26 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1951-02-18 (32) Sweet Harvest.mp3             [27 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1951-02-25 (33) The Trap.mp3                  [27 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1951-03-11 (34) Blind Justice.mp3             [27 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1951-03-18 (35) Death By Adoption.mp3         [27 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1951-03-25 (36) Breakdown.mp3                 [27 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1951-04-01 (37) Pressure.mp3                  [27 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1951-04-08 (38) Bad Blood.mp3                 [27 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1951-04-15 (39) Conspiracy.mp3                [27 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1951-04-22 (40) Canned Death.mp3              [27 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1951-05-06 (42) No Living Witnesses.mp3       [27 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1951-05-13 (43) Paid In Full.mp3              [26 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1951-05-20 (44) Square Dance.mp3              [27 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1951-05-27 (45) Joy Ride.mp3                  [27 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1951-09-30 (46) Death Shaft.mp3               [27 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1951-10-07 (47) The Wheelchair Killer.mp3     [27 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1951-10-14 (48) Play For Keeps.mp3            [27 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1951-10-21 (49) Fugitive's Trail.mp3          [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1951-10-28 (50) The White Elephant.mp3        [27 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1951-11-04 (51) Helping Hand.mp3              [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1951-11-11 (52) Open And Shut.mp3             [27 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1951-11-18 (53) Wild Crop.mp3                 [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1951-11-25 (54) The Blow Off.mp3              [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1951-12-02 (55) The Dead Give-Away.mp3        [27 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1951-12-09 (56) Death Plant.mp3               [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1951-12-16 (57) Pick-Up.mp3                   [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1951-12-23 (58) Christmas Payoff.mp3          [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1951-12-30 (59) Killer's Crop.mp3             [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1952-01-06 (60) Birds Of A Feather.mp3        [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1952-01-13 (61) Clip Job.mp3                  [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1952-01-20 (62) Blood Trail.mp3               [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1952-01-27 (63) Night Chase.mp3               [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1952-02-03 (64) The Rub Out.mp3               [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1952-02-10 (65) Hitchhiker.mp3                [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1952-02-17 (66) Cold Blood.mp3                [39 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1952-02-24 (67) Bright Boy.mp3                [41 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1952-03-02 (68) The Ice Man.mp3               [41 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1952-03-09 (69) Dream Farm.mp3                [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1952-03-16 (70) Prelude To Felony.mp3         [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1952-03-30 (71) Nighthawk.mp3                 [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1952-04-06 (72) Troop Train.mp3               [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1952-04-13 (73) Uncertain Death.mp3           [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1952-04-20 (74) Illusion.mp3                  [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1952-04-27 (75) Address Unknown.mp3           [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1952-05-04 (76) Little Sister.mp3             [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1952-05-11 (77) Unleashed Fury.mp3            [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1952-05-18 (78) Smart Kill.mp3                [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1952-05-25 (79) Jailbird.mp3                  [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1952-06-01 (80) Sell-Out.mp3                  [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1952-06-08 (81) Illegal Entry.mp3             [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1952-06-15 (82) Travesty.mp3                  [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1952-06-22 (83) Knockout.mp3                  [41 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1952-06-29 (84) Ex-Con.mp3                    [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1952-07-06 (85) The Boomerang.mp3             [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1952-07-13 (86) Finger Man.mp3                [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1952-07-20 (87) Round Trip.mp3                [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1952-07-27 (88) Stick-Up.mp3                  [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1952-08-03 (89) Double Edge.mp3               [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1952-08-10 (90) Last Stop.mp3                 [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1952-08-17 (91) Cover-Up.mp3                  [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1952-08-24 (92) Three Victims.mp3             [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1952-08-31 (93) Misplaced Person.mp3          [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1952-09-07 (94) Alibi.mp3                     [40 MB]
TotTxRngrs 1952-09-14 (95) Drive-In.mp3                  [40 MB]


Audition Recording of "Your Hometown Reporter"

Larry Maupin
 

Broadcast Date: Monday, October 11, 1948.  From Hollywood.

Sponsor: None.  Spaces are left throughout the program for commercials to be inserted.

Suggested Episode Title: "A Visit To Buffalo."

Opening: "And now Tom O'Neill bringing Hollywood, California to Buffalo, New York.  Hello Buffalo, this is your hometown reporter bringing you news and views of Hollywood, the glamor capital of the world."  

The first guest is actor Patrick McGeehan, who shares some of his memories of Buffalo.  He visited there in 1926 for the opening of the musical Gay Paris at the Tech Theater on Main Street, and again in 1933 with the Ringling Circus when they played on the lot at Broadway and Daley.  He recalls having received good service by employees at the Buffalo Railroad Yard.

Then two women from Buffalo who are visiting Hollywood are interviewed.  The first works for the New York Telephone Company, and the other is a student who is majoring in Dramatic Arts at the University of Buffalo.  They have bought perfume at a store on Hollywood Boulevard, but think that the JM Department Store in Buffalo is just as nice.

One interesting piece of information is that in 1948 a daily newspaper could be bought for four cents in Buffalo, but because of a recent rise in prices in Hollywood one cost seven cents there.

This is an enjoyable fifteen minutes, and a good idea for a series.  It's too bad it didn't attract a sponsor and that even this episode may never have been broadcast on an actual radio station.

--
Larry Maupin


Re: Tales of the Texas Rangers

Ryan Ellett
 

Richard,
Are the two audition shows unique? What title is announced at the beginning of your episode 1? I don't see a record of that episode anywhere.
Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com


The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org



On Thursday, July 30, 2020, 08:43:45 PM CDT, Richard Davenport <klingon1@...> wrote:


I have Tales Of The Texas Rangers #1-95 excepting #41 and 2 audition shows...

Bit rate varies all over the place...If anyone happens to have #41 let me know. 

Rick

====================================
M:\OTR\T\Tales Of The Texas Rangers\
====================================
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0001 - 50-07-08 -.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0002 - 50-07-15 - White Elephant.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0003 - 50-07-22 - Apache Peak.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0004 - 50-07-29 - Trigger Man.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0005 - 50-08-05 - Quick Silver.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0006 - 50-08-12 - Broken Spur.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0007 - 50-08-19 - Fool's Gold.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0008 - 50-08-26 - Open Range.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0009 - 50-09-02 - Play For Keeps.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0010 - 50-09-09 - Dead Or Alive.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0011 - 50-09-16 - Candy Man.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0012 - 50-09-23 - Open And Shut.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0013 - 50-09-30 - Clean Up.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0014 - 50-10-08 - Living Death.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0015 - 50-10-15 - Dead Give-away.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0016 - 50-10-22 -.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0017 - 50-10-29 - Soft Touch.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0018 - 50-11-05 - White Suit.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0019 - 50-11-12 - Blood Relative.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0020 - 50-11-26 - Hanging By A Thread.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0021 - 50-12-03 - Room 114.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0022 - 50-12-10 - Lucky Dollar.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0023 - 50-12-17 - Cactus Pear.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0024 - 50-12-24 - Christmas Present.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0025 - 50-12-31 - Devil's Share.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0026 - 51-01-07 - Deadhead Freight.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0027 - 51-01-14 - Death In The Cards.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0028 - 51-01-21 - Blood Harvest.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0029 - 51-01-28 - Night Chase.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0030 - 51-02-04 - Logger's Larceny.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0031 - 51-02-11 - Hatchet.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0032 - 51-02-18 - Sweet Harvest.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0033 - 51-02-25 - Trap.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0034 - 51-03-11 - Blind Justice.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0035 - 51-03-18 - Death By Adoption.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0036 - 51-03-25 - Breakdown.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0037 - 51-04-01 - Pressure.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0038 - 51-04-08 - Bad Blood.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0039 - 51-04-15 - Conspiracy.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0040 - 51-04-22 - Canned Death (need 0041).mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0042 - 51-05-06 - No Living Witnesses.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0043 - 51-05-13 - Paid In Full.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0044 - 51-05-20 - Square Dance.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0045 - 51-05-27 - Joy Ride.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0046 - 51-09-30 - Death Shaft.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0047 - 51-10-07 - Wheelchair Killing.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0048 - 51-10-14 - Play For Keeps.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0049 - 51-10-21 - Fugitive Trail.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0050 - 51-10-28 - White Elephant.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0051 - 51-11-04 - Helping Hand.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0052 - 51-11-11 - Open And Shut.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0053 - 51-11-18 - Wild Crop.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0054 - 51-11-25 - Blow Off.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0055 - 51-12-02 - Dead Give-away.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0056 - 51-12-09 - Death Plant.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0057 - 51-12-16 - Pick-up.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0058 - 51-12-23 - Christmas Payoff.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0059 - 51-12-30 - Killer's Crop.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0060 - 52-01-06 - Birds Of A Feather.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0061 - 52-01-13 - Clip Job.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0062 - 52-01-20 - Blood Trail.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0063 - 52-01-27 - Night Chase.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0064 - 52-02-03 - Rub Out.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0065 - 52-02-10 - Hitchhiker.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0066 - 52-02-17 - Cold Blood.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0067 - 52-02-24 - Bright Boy.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0068 - 52-03-02 - Ice Man.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0069 - 52-03-09 - Dream Farm.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0070 - 52-03-16 - Prelude To Felony.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0071 - 52-03-30 - Night Hawk.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0072 - 52-04-06 - Troop Train.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0073 - 52-04-13 - Uncertain Death.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0074 - 52-04-20 - Illusion.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0075 - 52-04-27 - Address Unknown.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0076 - 52-05-04 - Little Sister.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0077 - 52-05-11 - Unleashed Fury.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0078 - 52-05-18 - Smart Kill.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0079 - 52-05-25 - Jailbird.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0080 - 52-06-01 - Sell-Out.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0081 - 52-06-08 - Illegal Entry.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0082 - 52-06-15 - Travesty.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0083 - 52-06-22 - Knockout.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0084 - 52-06-29 - Ex-Con.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0085 - 52-07-06 - Boomerang.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0086 - 52-07-13 - Finger Man.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0087 - 52-07-20 - Round Trip.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0088 - 52-07-27 - Stick-Up.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0089 - 52-08-03 - Double Edge.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0090 - 52-08-10 - Last Stop.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0091 - 52-08-17 - Cover-Up.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0092 - 52-08-24 - Three Victims.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0093 - 52-08-31 - Misplaced Person.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0094 - 52-09-07 - Alibi.MP3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0095 - 52-09-14 - Drive-in.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - AUD - 50-04-13 - Just A Number (audition).mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - AUD - 50-04-19 - Just A Number (audition).mp3

=========================================
M:\OTR\T\Tales Of The Texas Rangers\Pics\
=========================================
Tales Of The Texas Rangers List.txt
Tales Of The Texas Rangers-01.jpg
Tales Of The Texas Rangers-02.jpg
Tales Of The Texas Rangers-03.jpg
Tales Of The Texas Rangers-04.jpg
Tales Of The Texas Rangers-05.jpg



Labor ipse voluptas


On Thursday, July 30, 2020, 8:25:26 PM CDT, BrianWest2 via groups.io <brianwest2@...> wrote:


Ryan,

I'll take some.

Brian


-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...>
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Sent: Thu, Jul 30, 2020 9:51 am
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Tales of the Texas Rangers

We've received a nice set of Tales of the Texas Rangers to go through the process of becoming a Maintained set. I was a bit surprised that this series had not ever been released by OTRR over the years; at least I could find no record of it. The set contains 91 episodes. We will need 2nd listeners to get the project underway. Please contact me if you're interested in taking a batch of five; my math says there will be 18 batches to send out to interested listeners. The more individual listeners who step up, the fewer episodes any one person has to listen to. I've listened to very few of these over the years so will certainly be taking some myself to get more familiar with the shoe.
Respond here or email me privately for a batch,
Ryan


Re: Tales of the Texas Rangers

Max Schmid
 

I will check my files - I have some very nice sounding shows from Steve Kelez (I think) but haven't ripped all of them from CD yet.
Not sure how complete the set is because they were picked over before I could get to them at MANC, and scattered all over the place in many boxes.
Might be nice to compare some for quality though.


On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 9:43 PM Richard Davenport <klingon1@...> wrote:
I have Tales Of The Texas Rangers #1-95 excepting #41 and 2 audition shows...

Bit rate varies all over the place...If anyone happens to have #41 let me know. 

Rick

====================================
M:\OTR\T\Tales Of The Texas Rangers\
====================================
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0001 - 50-07-08 -.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0002 - 50-07-15 - White Elephant.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0003 - 50-07-22 - Apache Peak.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0004 - 50-07-29 - Trigger Man.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0005 - 50-08-05 - Quick Silver.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0006 - 50-08-12 - Broken Spur.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0007 - 50-08-19 - Fool's Gold.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0008 - 50-08-26 - Open Range.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0009 - 50-09-02 - Play For Keeps.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0010 - 50-09-09 - Dead Or Alive.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0011 - 50-09-16 - Candy Man.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0012 - 50-09-23 - Open And Shut.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0013 - 50-09-30 - Clean Up.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0014 - 50-10-08 - Living Death.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0015 - 50-10-15 - Dead Give-away.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0016 - 50-10-22 -.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0017 - 50-10-29 - Soft Touch.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0018 - 50-11-05 - White Suit.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0019 - 50-11-12 - Blood Relative.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0020 - 50-11-26 - Hanging By A Thread.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0021 - 50-12-03 - Room 114.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0022 - 50-12-10 - Lucky Dollar.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0023 - 50-12-17 - Cactus Pear.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0024 - 50-12-24 - Christmas Present.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0025 - 50-12-31 - Devil's Share.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0026 - 51-01-07 - Deadhead Freight.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0027 - 51-01-14 - Death In The Cards.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0028 - 51-01-21 - Blood Harvest.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0029 - 51-01-28 - Night Chase.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0030 - 51-02-04 - Logger's Larceny.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0031 - 51-02-11 - Hatchet.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0032 - 51-02-18 - Sweet Harvest.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0033 - 51-02-25 - Trap.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0034 - 51-03-11 - Blind Justice.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0035 - 51-03-18 - Death By Adoption.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0036 - 51-03-25 - Breakdown.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0037 - 51-04-01 - Pressure.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0038 - 51-04-08 - Bad Blood.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0039 - 51-04-15 - Conspiracy.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0040 - 51-04-22 - Canned Death (need 0041).mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0042 - 51-05-06 - No Living Witnesses.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0043 - 51-05-13 - Paid In Full.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0044 - 51-05-20 - Square Dance.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0045 - 51-05-27 - Joy Ride.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0046 - 51-09-30 - Death Shaft.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0047 - 51-10-07 - Wheelchair Killing.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0048 - 51-10-14 - Play For Keeps.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0049 - 51-10-21 - Fugitive Trail.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0050 - 51-10-28 - White Elephant.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0051 - 51-11-04 - Helping Hand.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0052 - 51-11-11 - Open And Shut.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0053 - 51-11-18 - Wild Crop.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0054 - 51-11-25 - Blow Off.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0055 - 51-12-02 - Dead Give-away.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0056 - 51-12-09 - Death Plant.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0057 - 51-12-16 - Pick-up.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0058 - 51-12-23 - Christmas Payoff.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0059 - 51-12-30 - Killer's Crop.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0060 - 52-01-06 - Birds Of A Feather.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0061 - 52-01-13 - Clip Job.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0062 - 52-01-20 - Blood Trail.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0063 - 52-01-27 - Night Chase.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0064 - 52-02-03 - Rub Out.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0065 - 52-02-10 - Hitchhiker.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0066 - 52-02-17 - Cold Blood.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0067 - 52-02-24 - Bright Boy.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0068 - 52-03-02 - Ice Man.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0069 - 52-03-09 - Dream Farm.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0070 - 52-03-16 - Prelude To Felony.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0071 - 52-03-30 - Night Hawk.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0072 - 52-04-06 - Troop Train.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0073 - 52-04-13 - Uncertain Death.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0074 - 52-04-20 - Illusion.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0075 - 52-04-27 - Address Unknown.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0076 - 52-05-04 - Little Sister.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0077 - 52-05-11 - Unleashed Fury.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0078 - 52-05-18 - Smart Kill.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0079 - 52-05-25 - Jailbird.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0080 - 52-06-01 - Sell-Out.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0081 - 52-06-08 - Illegal Entry.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0082 - 52-06-15 - Travesty.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0083 - 52-06-22 - Knockout.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0084 - 52-06-29 - Ex-Con.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0085 - 52-07-06 - Boomerang.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0086 - 52-07-13 - Finger Man.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0087 - 52-07-20 - Round Trip.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0088 - 52-07-27 - Stick-Up.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0089 - 52-08-03 - Double Edge.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0090 - 52-08-10 - Last Stop.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0091 - 52-08-17 - Cover-Up.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0092 - 52-08-24 - Three Victims.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0093 - 52-08-31 - Misplaced Person.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0094 - 52-09-07 - Alibi.MP3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0095 - 52-09-14 - Drive-in.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - AUD - 50-04-13 - Just A Number (audition).mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - AUD - 50-04-19 - Just A Number (audition).mp3

=========================================
M:\OTR\T\Tales Of The Texas Rangers\Pics\
=========================================
Tales Of The Texas Rangers List.txt
Tales Of The Texas Rangers-01.jpg
Tales Of The Texas Rangers-02.jpg
Tales Of The Texas Rangers-03.jpg
Tales Of The Texas Rangers-04.jpg
Tales Of The Texas Rangers-05.jpg



Labor ipse voluptas


On Thursday, July 30, 2020, 8:25:26 PM CDT, BrianWest2 via groups.io <brianwest2=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:


Ryan,

I'll take some.

Brian


-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes=yahoo.com@groups.io>
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Sent: Thu, Jul 30, 2020 9:51 am
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Tales of the Texas Rangers

We've received a nice set of Tales of the Texas Rangers to go through the process of becoming a Maintained set. I was a bit surprised that this series had not ever been released by OTRR over the years; at least I could find no record of it. The set contains 91 episodes. We will need 2nd listeners to get the project underway. Please contact me if you're interested in taking a batch of five; my math says there will be 18 batches to send out to interested listeners. The more individual listeners who step up, the fewer episodes any one person has to listen to. I've listened to very few of these over the years so will certainly be taking some myself to get more familiar with the shoe.
Respond here or email me privately for a batch,
Ryan


Re: Data base of otr shows?

Wild West Designs
 

I have created an Electron (although I may move it on over to a more cpp base) database version and the main launchpad was the last database commits that Jim had done before he passed.  The database itself was from OTTER, I did add some extra functionality, a streaming player, a local audio player (right now that just does 1 file at a time).  But the database that it uses is based off the last one that Jim had done.

Evan


On 7/30/20 8:49 PM, Ryan Ellett via groups.io wrote:
One of Jim's babies was the OTTER database, which is a valuable resource for those that use it. I admit I never got into using it but I know many in the group have, so maybe they can speak to its utility. I know from conversations with Jim that he put countless hours into updating it and I think was really as proud of OTTER as he was of anything OTRR had created over the years. It is still publicly accessible here. We don't have anyone actively managing it so if someone has really used it a lot and would be interested in taking a more active role with it, let me know. 
Ryan

On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 06:49 PM, James Wilson wrote:
Hello everyone,

I love otr sci-fi shows and I just found one I didn’t know about called Future Tense. Is there a database of otr shows?

Thanks in advance.


Re: Data base of otr shows?

Ryan Ellett
 

One of Jim's babies was the OTTER database, which is a valuable resource for those that use it. I admit I never got into using it but I know many in the group have, so maybe they can speak to its utility. I know from conversations with Jim that he put countless hours into updating it and I think was really as proud of OTTER as he was of anything OTRR had created over the years. It is still publicly accessible here. We don't have anyone actively managing it so if someone has really used it a lot and would be interested in taking a more active role with it, let me know. 
Ryan


On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 06:49 PM, James Wilson wrote:
Hello everyone,

I love otr sci-fi shows and I just found one I didn’t know about called Future Tense. Is there a database of otr shows?

Thanks in advance.


Re: Tales of the Texas Rangers

Richard Davenport
 

I have Tales Of The Texas Rangers #1-95 excepting #41 and 2 audition shows...

Bit rate varies all over the place...If anyone happens to have #41 let me know. 

Rick

====================================
M:\OTR\T\Tales Of The Texas Rangers\
====================================
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0001 - 50-07-08 -.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0002 - 50-07-15 - White Elephant.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0003 - 50-07-22 - Apache Peak.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0004 - 50-07-29 - Trigger Man.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0005 - 50-08-05 - Quick Silver.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0006 - 50-08-12 - Broken Spur.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0007 - 50-08-19 - Fool's Gold.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0008 - 50-08-26 - Open Range.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0009 - 50-09-02 - Play For Keeps.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0010 - 50-09-09 - Dead Or Alive.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0011 - 50-09-16 - Candy Man.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0012 - 50-09-23 - Open And Shut.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0013 - 50-09-30 - Clean Up.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0014 - 50-10-08 - Living Death.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0015 - 50-10-15 - Dead Give-away.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0016 - 50-10-22 -.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0017 - 50-10-29 - Soft Touch.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0018 - 50-11-05 - White Suit.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0019 - 50-11-12 - Blood Relative.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0020 - 50-11-26 - Hanging By A Thread.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0021 - 50-12-03 - Room 114.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0022 - 50-12-10 - Lucky Dollar.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0023 - 50-12-17 - Cactus Pear.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0024 - 50-12-24 - Christmas Present.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0025 - 50-12-31 - Devil's Share.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0026 - 51-01-07 - Deadhead Freight.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0027 - 51-01-14 - Death In The Cards.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0028 - 51-01-21 - Blood Harvest.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0029 - 51-01-28 - Night Chase.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0030 - 51-02-04 - Logger's Larceny.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0031 - 51-02-11 - Hatchet.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0032 - 51-02-18 - Sweet Harvest.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0033 - 51-02-25 - Trap.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0034 - 51-03-11 - Blind Justice.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0035 - 51-03-18 - Death By Adoption.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0036 - 51-03-25 - Breakdown.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0037 - 51-04-01 - Pressure.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0038 - 51-04-08 - Bad Blood.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0039 - 51-04-15 - Conspiracy.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0040 - 51-04-22 - Canned Death (need 0041).mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0042 - 51-05-06 - No Living Witnesses.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0043 - 51-05-13 - Paid In Full.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0044 - 51-05-20 - Square Dance.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0045 - 51-05-27 - Joy Ride.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0046 - 51-09-30 - Death Shaft.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0047 - 51-10-07 - Wheelchair Killing.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0048 - 51-10-14 - Play For Keeps.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0049 - 51-10-21 - Fugitive Trail.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0050 - 51-10-28 - White Elephant.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0051 - 51-11-04 - Helping Hand.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0052 - 51-11-11 - Open And Shut.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0053 - 51-11-18 - Wild Crop.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0054 - 51-11-25 - Blow Off.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0055 - 51-12-02 - Dead Give-away.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0056 - 51-12-09 - Death Plant.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0057 - 51-12-16 - Pick-up.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0058 - 51-12-23 - Christmas Payoff.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0059 - 51-12-30 - Killer's Crop.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0060 - 52-01-06 - Birds Of A Feather.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0061 - 52-01-13 - Clip Job.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0062 - 52-01-20 - Blood Trail.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0063 - 52-01-27 - Night Chase.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0064 - 52-02-03 - Rub Out.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0065 - 52-02-10 - Hitchhiker.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0066 - 52-02-17 - Cold Blood.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0067 - 52-02-24 - Bright Boy.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0068 - 52-03-02 - Ice Man.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0069 - 52-03-09 - Dream Farm.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0070 - 52-03-16 - Prelude To Felony.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0071 - 52-03-30 - Night Hawk.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0072 - 52-04-06 - Troop Train.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0073 - 52-04-13 - Uncertain Death.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0074 - 52-04-20 - Illusion.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0075 - 52-04-27 - Address Unknown.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0076 - 52-05-04 - Little Sister.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0077 - 52-05-11 - Unleashed Fury.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0078 - 52-05-18 - Smart Kill.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0079 - 52-05-25 - Jailbird.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0080 - 52-06-01 - Sell-Out.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0081 - 52-06-08 - Illegal Entry.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0082 - 52-06-15 - Travesty.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0083 - 52-06-22 - Knockout.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0084 - 52-06-29 - Ex-Con.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0085 - 52-07-06 - Boomerang.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0086 - 52-07-13 - Finger Man.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0087 - 52-07-20 - Round Trip.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0088 - 52-07-27 - Stick-Up.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0089 - 52-08-03 - Double Edge.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0090 - 52-08-10 - Last Stop.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0091 - 52-08-17 - Cover-Up.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0092 - 52-08-24 - Three Victims.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0093 - 52-08-31 - Misplaced Person.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0094 - 52-09-07 - Alibi.MP3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0095 - 52-09-14 - Drive-in.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - AUD - 50-04-13 - Just A Number (audition).mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - AUD - 50-04-19 - Just A Number (audition).mp3

=========================================
M:\OTR\T\Tales Of The Texas Rangers\Pics\
=========================================
Tales Of The Texas Rangers List.txt
Tales Of The Texas Rangers-01.jpg
Tales Of The Texas Rangers-02.jpg
Tales Of The Texas Rangers-03.jpg
Tales Of The Texas Rangers-04.jpg
Tales Of The Texas Rangers-05.jpg



Labor ipse voluptas


On Thursday, July 30, 2020, 8:25:26 PM CDT, BrianWest2 via groups.io <brianwest2@...> wrote:


Ryan,

I'll take some.

Brian


-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...>
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Sent: Thu, Jul 30, 2020 9:51 am
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Tales of the Texas Rangers

We've received a nice set of Tales of the Texas Rangers to go through the process of becoming a Maintained set. I was a bit surprised that this series had not ever been released by OTRR over the years; at least I could find no record of it. The set contains 91 episodes. We will need 2nd listeners to get the project underway. Please contact me if you're interested in taking a batch of five; my math says there will be 18 batches to send out to interested listeners. The more individual listeners who step up, the fewer episodes any one person has to listen to. I've listened to very few of these over the years so will certainly be taking some myself to get more familiar with the shoe.
Respond here or email me privately for a batch,
Ryan


Re: Tales of the Texas Rangers

Ryan Ellett
 

I think what I'm learning is that there is quite a bit more general interest in drama shows among this crowd than comedies. Volunteers flock to things like Philip Marlowe and Texas Rangers but it's a noticeably smaller number when it comes to My Friend Irma, Life with Luigi, etc. Not a complaint, just something I'm observing pretty clearly. Or maybe I'm just picking 2nd tier comedy shows to work on...

Ryan


Re: Tales of the Texas Rangers

BrianWest2@...
 

Ryan,

I'll take some.

Brian


-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...>
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Sent: Thu, Jul 30, 2020 9:51 am
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Tales of the Texas Rangers

We've received a nice set of Tales of the Texas Rangers to go through the process of becoming a Maintained set. I was a bit surprised that this series had not ever been released by OTRR over the years; at least I could find no record of it. The set contains 91 episodes. We will need 2nd listeners to get the project underway. Please contact me if you're interested in taking a batch of five; my math says there will be 18 batches to send out to interested listeners. The more individual listeners who step up, the fewer episodes any one person has to listen to. I've listened to very few of these over the years so will certainly be taking some myself to get more familiar with the shoe.
Respond here or email me privately for a batch,
Ryan


Re: Tales of the Texas Rangers

B. J. Watkins
 

OK, it'll be posted to the SPERDVAC website tomorrow night. He has some interesting stories about the series.


From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...>
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2020 10:13 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Tales of the Texas Rangers
 
Please do, I think that would be interesting for a lot of people.
Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com


The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org



On Thursday, July 30, 2020, 12:09:29 PM CDT, B. J. Watkins <kinseyfan@...> wrote:


Ryan, we put an almost complete set of Tales of the Texas Rangers in excellent sound in the SPERDVAC General Library back in the 1980s or 90s. We were requested to delete them by Stacy Keach Sr., who owned the rights so we did.   He was syndicating them to radio stations. He was an honorary member of SPERDVAC. Perhaps I should post that meeting soon. He talked about how series came to be.


Re: Tales of the Texas Rangers

Scott Mahan
 

So, are you still going to do this?

 

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ryan Ellett via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2020 12:14 PM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Tales of the Texas Rangers

 

Please do, I think that would be interesting for a lot of people.

Ryan

 

 

 

The Old Time Radio Researchers

"Saving the Past for the Future"

 

 

 

 

On Thursday, July 30, 2020, 12:09:29 PM CDT, B. J. Watkins <kinseyfan@...> wrote:

 

 

Ryan, we put an almost complete set of Tales of the Texas Rangers in excellent sound in the SPERDVAC General Library back in the 1980s or 90s. We were requested to delete them by Stacy Keach Sr., who owned the rights so we did.   He was syndicating them to radio stations. He was an honorary member of SPERDVAC. Perhaps I should post that meeting soon. He talked about how series came to be.

 


Re: Tales of the Texas Rangers

Larry Gassman
 

Yes, I do have that set and the meeting as well.

Larry

 

 

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of B. J. Watkins
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2020 10:09 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Tales of the Texas Rangers

 

Ryan, we put an almost complete set of Tales of the Texas Rangers in excellent sound in the SPERDVAC General Library back in the 1980s or 90s. We were requested to delete them by Stacy Keach Sr., who owned the rights so we did.   He was syndicating them to radio stations. He was an honorary member of SPERDVAC. Perhaps I should post that meeting soon. He talked about how series came to be.

 


From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...>
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2020 6:51 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Tales of the Texas Rangers

 

We've received a nice set of Tales of the Texas Rangers to go through the process of becoming a Maintained set. I was a bit surprised that this series had not ever been released by OTRR over the years; at least I could find no record of it. The set contains 91 episodes. We will need 2nd listeners to get the project underway. Please contact me if you're interested in taking a batch of five; my math says there will be 18 batches to send out to interested listeners. The more individual listeners who step up, the fewer episodes any one person has to listen to. I've listened to very few of these over the years so will certainly be taking some myself to get more familiar with the shoe.
Respond here or email me privately for a batch,
Ryan


Re: Tales of the Texas Rangers

Ryan Ellett
 

Please do, I think that would be interesting for a lot of people.
Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com


The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org



On Thursday, July 30, 2020, 12:09:29 PM CDT, B. J. Watkins <kinseyfan@...> wrote:


Ryan, we put an almost complete set of Tales of the Texas Rangers in excellent sound in the SPERDVAC General Library back in the 1980s or 90s. We were requested to delete them by Stacy Keach Sr., who owned the rights so we did.   He was syndicating them to radio stations. He was an honorary member of SPERDVAC. Perhaps I should post that meeting soon. He talked about how series came to be.


Re: Tales of the Texas Rangers

Dave Tysver
 

I am sure that OTRR has not released Tales of the Texas Rangers. When the OTRR redistribution group (OTRRDistroGroup-2) was created in 2005 to distribute previous Distro Group releases, I believe I had a complete set of every OTRR distro. Tales of the Texas Rangers was not included.

 

Dave Tysver

 

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io [mailto:main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io] On Behalf Of Allan Foster via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2020 8:38 AM
To: main@oldtimeradioresearchers.groups.io; main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Tales of the Texas Rangers

 

I can't give a totally definitive answer because all the records from the Distro Group I downloaded aren't very organized yet, but I'm almost 100% sure we've never done a set of the Tales of the Texas Rangers.

 

Allan

 

On Thursday, July 30, 2020, 10:19:33 AM CDT, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

 

 

Like I said, I was surprised too. But I don't see a set on Archive, on our library, or in Jim's physical CD collection. And he kept what he called the master hard copy library of distros and burned all of them up until a year or two before he died, it looked like. So if one was put it out it has slipped through the cracks! I feel like I may have had a set from the OTree distro club a long, long time ago.

 

Ryan

 

www.RyanEllett.com

 

 

The Old Time Radio Researchers

"Saving the Past for the Future"

 

www.OTRR.org

www.OTRRLibrary.org

 

 

 

On Thursday, July 30, 2020, 09:58:19 AM CDT, Wild West Designs <evan@...> wrote:

 

 

I thought it was released through the group as one of the first completed series that I had received through CDs was this set.  This was back when I first started so roughly 2 decades.

I had a few from Ed Carr before then, but I'm pretty sure that OTRR had a set of this that was distributed, but then again, I was apart of so many groups back then.  Really only stuck with OTRR over the years.

Evan West

 

On 7/30/20 8:51 AM, Ryan Ellett via groups.io wrote:

We've received a nice set of Tales of the Texas Rangers to go through the process of becoming a Maintained set. I was a bit surprised that this series had not ever been released by OTRR over the years; at least I could find no record of it. The set contains 91 episodes. We will need 2nd listeners to get the project underway. Please contact me if you're interested in taking a batch of five; my math says there will be 18 batches to send out to interested listeners. The more individual listeners who step up, the fewer episodes any one person has to listen to. I've listened to very few of these over the years so will certainly be taking some myself to get more familiar with the shoe.
Respond here or email me privately for a batch,
Ryan


Re: Tales of the Texas Rangers

B. J. Watkins
 

Ryan, we put an almost complete set of Tales of the Texas Rangers in excellent sound in the SPERDVAC General Library back in the 1980s or 90s. We were requested to delete them by Stacy Keach Sr., who owned the rights so we did.   He was syndicating them to radio stations. He was an honorary member of SPERDVAC. Perhaps I should post that meeting soon. He talked about how series came to be.


From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...>
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2020 6:51 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Tales of the Texas Rangers
 
We've received a nice set of Tales of the Texas Rangers to go through the process of becoming a Maintained set. I was a bit surprised that this series had not ever been released by OTRR over the years; at least I could find no record of it. The set contains 91 episodes. We will need 2nd listeners to get the project underway. Please contact me if you're interested in taking a batch of five; my math says there will be 18 batches to send out to interested listeners. The more individual listeners who step up, the fewer episodes any one person has to listen to. I've listened to very few of these over the years so will certainly be taking some myself to get more familiar with the shoe.
Respond here or email me privately for a batch,
Ryan


Re: Tales of the Texas Rangers

Mike Thomas
 

Yes for sure


On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 9:17 AM, Rob
<avideditorrob@...> wrote:
Ryan,
It will be my first time helping with a set, so please count me in for one of my favorite shows.

rob



On Jul 30, 2020, at 6:51 AM, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

We've received a nice set of Tales of the Texas Rangers to go through the process of becoming a Maintained set. I was a bit surprised that this series had not ever been released by OTRR over the years; at least I could find no record of it. The set contains 91 episodes. We will need 2nd listeners to get the project underway. Please contact me if you're interested in taking a batch of five; my math says there will be 18 batches to send out to interested listeners. The more individual listeners who step up, the fewer episodes any one person has to listen to. I've listened to very few of these over the years so will certainly be taking some myself to get more familiar with the shoe.
Respond here or email me privately for a batch,
Ryan


Re: Tales of the Texas Rangers

Rob
 

Ryan,
It will be my first time helping with a set, so please count me in for one of my favorite shows.

rob



On Jul 30, 2020, at 6:51 AM, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

We've received a nice set of Tales of the Texas Rangers to go through the process of becoming a Maintained set. I was a bit surprised that this series had not ever been released by OTRR over the years; at least I could find no record of it. The set contains 91 episodes. We will need 2nd listeners to get the project underway. Please contact me if you're interested in taking a batch of five; my math says there will be 18 batches to send out to interested listeners. The more individual listeners who step up, the fewer episodes any one person has to listen to. I've listened to very few of these over the years so will certainly be taking some myself to get more familiar with the shoe.
Respond here or email me privately for a batch,
Ryan


Re: Tales of the Texas Rangers

 

Hello Ryan, not done this before but interested to do a few.


Paul Hudson
88 Ash Road
Leeds
LS6 3HD
UK
07962255621



On 30 Jul 2020, at 15:30, Damon Fries <dbfries@...> wrote:

I’ll take some…..(almost finished with last Lugui)

On 30 Jul 2020, at 15:51, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

We've received a nice set of Tales of the Texas Rangers to go through the process of becoming a Maintained set. I was a bit surprised that this series had not ever been released by OTRR over the years; at least I could find no record of it. The set contains 91 episodes. We will need 2nd listeners to get the project underway. Please contact me if you're interested in taking a batch of five; my math says there will be 18 batches to send out to interested listeners. The more individual listeners who step up, the fewer episodes any one person has to listen to. I've listened to very few of these over the years so will certainly be taking some myself to get more familiar with the shoe.
Respond here or email me privately for a batch,
Ryan



Re: Tales of the Texas Rangers

leonard edwards
 

I can take some. That is one of my favorites

On Thursday, July 30, 2020, 8:51:19 AM CDT, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:


We've received a nice set of Tales of the Texas Rangers to go through the process of becoming a Maintained set. I was a bit surprised that this series had not ever been released by OTRR over the years; at least I could find no record of it. The set contains 91 episodes. We will need 2nd listeners to get the project underway. Please contact me if you're interested in taking a batch of five; my math says there will be 18 batches to send out to interested listeners. The more individual listeners who step up, the fewer episodes any one person has to listen to. I've listened to very few of these over the years so will certainly be taking some myself to get more familiar with the shoe.
Respond here or email me privately for a batch,
Ryan


Re: Tales of the Texas Rangers

Allan Foster
 

I can't give a totally definitive answer because all the records from the Distro Group I downloaded aren't very organized yet, but I'm almost 100% sure we've never done a set of the Tales of the Texas Rangers.

Allan

On Thursday, July 30, 2020, 10:19:33 AM CDT, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:


Like I said, I was surprised too. But I don't see a set on Archive, on our library, or in Jim's physical CD collection. And he kept what he called the master hard copy library of distros and burned all of them up until a year or two before he died, it looked like. So if one was put it out it has slipped through the cracks! I feel like I may have had a set from the OTree distro club a long, long time ago.

Ryan

www.RyanEllett.com


The Old Time Radio Researchers
"Saving the Past for the Future"

www.OTRR.org
www.OTRRLibrary.org



On Thursday, July 30, 2020, 09:58:19 AM CDT, Wild West Designs <evan@...> wrote:


I thought it was released through the group as one of the first completed series that I had received through CDs was this set.  This was back when I first started so roughly 2 decades.

I had a few from Ed Carr before then, but I'm pretty sure that OTRR had a set of this that was distributed, but then again, I was apart of so many groups back then.  Really only stuck with OTRR over the years.

Evan West


On 7/30/20 8:51 AM, Ryan Ellett via groups.io wrote:
We've received a nice set of Tales of the Texas Rangers to go through the process of becoming a Maintained set. I was a bit surprised that this series had not ever been released by OTRR over the years; at least I could find no record of it. The set contains 91 episodes. We will need 2nd listeners to get the project underway. Please contact me if you're interested in taking a batch of five; my math says there will be 18 batches to send out to interested listeners. The more individual listeners who step up, the fewer episodes any one person has to listen to. I've listened to very few of these over the years so will certainly be taking some myself to get more familiar with the shoe.
Respond here or email me privately for a batch,
Ryan