Topics

Best Program Title #poll

Larry Maupin

Which title of an old-time radio program, series or serial appeals most vividly to the imagination or falls most pleasantly on the earBB

Results

Larry Maupin

Which title of an old-time radio program, series or serial appeals most vividly to the imagination or falls most pleasantly on the earBB

Results

Sue

Something's odd.  There appears to be two separate polls, both asking the same question.  Results are different between these two polls.

-Sue

On Wednesday, February 26, 2020, 07:21:34 AM CST, Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...> wrote:

A new poll has been created:

Which title of an old-time radio program, series or serial appeals most vividly to the imagination or falls most pleasantly on the earBB

1. Backstage Wife
2. The Shadow
3. Gunsmoke

Vote Now

Which title of an old-time radio program, series or serial appeals most vividly to the imagination or falls most pleasantly on the ear?

Results

See Who Responded

Larry Maupin

Hi Sue.  Thank you for your message.  This is the first poll I have ever posted, and I did not intend to create two of them.  It looks as if one was submitted with only three answers by mistake (that was the first one while I was just learning the system), and the second one with five answers was then posted. I do not know how to delete the one with only three answers, but perhaps you can tell me how or just do it for me.

It does appear that the one with five choices is available, and I hope some members will vote in it and perhaps we can get a little dialogue going as to what titles other people would have included in the poll.  I enjoy reading posts from other members very much, and would like to see more of them.

Thank you again for your response.

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 5:21 AM Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...> wrote:

A new poll has been created:

Which title of an old-time radio program, series or serial appeals most vividly to the imagination or falls most pleasantly on the earBB

1. Backstage Wife
2. The Shadow
3. Gunsmoke

Vote Now

Sue

I can see three separate polls, the first two with same three choices (message #141 and #142), and the third one with five choices (message #144).

I don't know for sure, but I would guess that you'd have to be a group moderator or admin to delete a poll.

-Sue

On Wednesday, February 26, 2020, 08:15:38 AM CST, Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...> wrote:

[...]

Sue, I think you are right.  I'm sorry to have made this error in posting my first poll, but I see that people have now voted in two of them so I hope that neither of those will be deleted.

Something's odd.  There appears to be two separate polls, both asking the same question.  Results are different between these two polls.

-Sue

On Wednesday, February 26, 2020, 07:21:34 AM CST, Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...> wrote:

A new poll has been created:

Which title of an old-time radio program, series or serial appeals most vividly to the imagination or falls most pleasantly on the earBB

1. Backstage Wife
2. The Shadow
3. Gunsmoke

Vote Now

Sue

It's a new system, we're all learning -- you're the first one to create a poll, so by default, you're our expert!  :)

-Sue

On Thursday, February 27, 2020, 07:11:47 AM CST, Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...> wrote:

Sue, I think you are right.  I'm sorry to have made this error in posting my first poll, but I see that people have now voted in two of them so I hope that neither of those will be deleted.

Something's odd.  There appears to be two separate polls, both asking the same question.  Results are different between these two polls.

-Sue

On Wednesday, February 26, 2020, 07:21:34 AM CST, Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...> wrote:

A new poll has been created:

Which title of an old-time radio program, series or serial appeals most vividly to the imagination or falls most pleasantly on the earBB

1. Backstage Wife
2. The Shadow
3. Gunsmoke

Vote Now

Gordon Johansen

Could you please repost the link to the correct poll? I haven't voted yet because I deleted the correct one accidentally.

Gord

Sue via Groups.Io wrote on 2/27/20 9:27 AM:

It's a new system, we're all learning -- you're the first one to create a poll, so by default, you're our expert!  :)

-Sue

On Thursday, February 27, 2020, 07:11:47 AM CST, Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...> wrote:

Sue, I think you are right.  I'm sorry to have made this error in posting my first poll, but I see that people have now voted in two of them so I hope that neither of those will be deleted.

Larry

barry nadler

#2.

Too complicated  for me to vote in poll. Too many passwords.

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 5:21 AM Larry Maupin <lmaupin@...> wrote:

A new poll has been created:

Which title of an old-time radio program, series or serial appeals most vividly to the imagination or falls most pleasantly on the earBB

1. Backstage Wife
2. The Shadow
3. Gunsmoke

Vote Now

Marc Olayne

Larry Maupin

Hi Sue.  I meant to reply to this yesterday, but my day got unexpectedly very busy and I did not have a chance to.  I'm glad you have taken an interest in the poll and have been so supportive of it.  Your comments also show a great sense of humor.

I did not know I am the first person to create a poll under the current system, but I have been happily surprised that so many members have participated.  Yesterday two people contacted me saying they had been unable to vote (each for a different reason) and I emailed both of them live links so that they could.  One wrote back almost immediately and said the link worked for him.

Now that the ground has been broken, perhaps other members will create polls and we can have a more active sharing of ideas and enthusiasms among our community of members.  It would also be nice to see more posts to the message board-- I think even members who do not feel comfortable creating polls or posting messages will probably enjoy voting in polls and reading messages.