Father Knows Best Missing Episodes

Ryan Ellett

There are actually two different efforts going on to create a Father Knows Best set. Ours and then some other individuals. My hope is at some point they can be merged. But right now the other partial set is in better shape, with quite a few more episodes than OTRR has dug up (several came from a dealer than we can purchase in the future if needed).

It'd be nice if we could contribute some unique content to the sets. According to Jim Cox's 2006 book on radio sitcoms, the entire run of 197 episodes is available, either in private collections or from dealers. However, between the two FKB sets under construction, the following episodes still are unaccounted for. I count 70, over 1/3 of the run. If you happen to have any hiding in your collection or like to scour dealer catalogs, please let us know if any can be tracked down.

49/08/25

 49/09/01

 49/09/08

 49/09/15

 49/09/22

 49/09/29

 49/10/06

 49/10/13

 49/10/20

 49/10/27

 49/11/03

 49/11/10

 49/11/17

 49/11/24

 49/12/01

 49/12/08

 49/12/15

 49/12/22

50/01/19

 50/01/26

 50/02/02

 50/02/09
50/03/02

50/03/16

 50/03/23

 50/03/30

 50/04/06

 50/04/13

 50/04/20

 50/04/27
50/06/01
50/10/19
50/11/30
51/06/07
51/10/04
51/10/25

51/12/20

 51/12/27
52/02/07

52/03/20

 52/03/27

 52/04/03

 52/04/10
52/04/24

52/06/26

 52/07/03

 52/08/28
52/10/02
52/10/23

52/11/27

 52/12/04
53/01/22

53/05/28

 53/06/04

 53/06/11

 53/06/18

 53/06/25

 53/07/02

 53/07/09

 53/07/16

 53/07/23

 53/07/30

 53/08/06

 53/08/13

 53/08/20

 53/08/27

 53/09/03

53/12/10

 53/12/17
54/02/11

Kevin Karweck

Hi Ryan, I have this marked as 1952-07-03  #130 “Vacation Arrives”. Not sure how accurate it is. Audio seems pretty good.

On Apr 12, 2020, at 11:55 AM, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

[...]

Looks like the one I sent you is a repeat of 7-6-50. This seems to be the title of 7-3-52.

[...]

B. J. Watkins

This one is all about Kathy's treasure hunt: https://spaces.hightail.com/receive/uN6A0F7n5v

[...]

Hickerson lists all 197 as available (which maybe is what Cox used as a reference) attributed to PMc. I wonder if this Pat McCoy even though he uses PM for McCoy in most of the book. We need to track some old-timers who traded/bought from Pat long ago!

Got it, Barb! It's one that neither of us had, thank you!
Ryan

BrianWest2@...

Ryan,

I finished my three episodes and they all seemed fine. The audio file was good and the titles matched the show. Let me know if you needed something else.

Regards,

Brian